3,000 petition signatures later...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

11-27-2012

I miss the old jungle. It felt a lot more dangerous, as you had to control the dragon - but you also wanted their buffs, and they were right over there... Everything was close enough together that it wasnt unthinkable to go snag their buffs, but it put you pretty close to their tower to do so, and they took a little bit to kill... risky, pretty rewarding. A team that had solid jungle control did really well.

Alpha Q23

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyskillz View Post
Out with the old in with the new!Love the new Map.
Hopefully they use what you said on SR. That map was boring for me and It needs a lot of change. That map has been reused many many times. Since Riot is taking the opinion of the few and not the majority of a specific maps fan base to heart this will probably happen. Hope you enjoy your new Summoners Rift.

It will probably consist of two bases on top of each other with no paths to each base, just three portals and a jungle around each base. the only way to get to the other base is to take the portal and instantly appear next to the enemys nexus. Ohh but to make the game interesting they will have one portal somewhere in each base that takes you to a side map that has 3 altars that you should control to give a buff to your team, and more of a buff if you can capture more altars.

Alpha Q23

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Problem being the older map didn't work "just fine"
It wasn't horrific, I played a ton of games on old treeline, but to fix it's problems it honestly had to be scrapped.
The bases and jungle had to be completely torn down. RNG camps are a complete nightmare. Wriggles was a god-tier item.
If you're really going to quit before they have even a single balance patch to adjust current TT you're welcome to, but I think it's extraordinary juvenile.
And yet you bring up another example of having two maps not effecting you. You didn't enjoy it, hence if there were two 3v3 maps you would only notice it on the map selection screen and not have to look back as you selected your new map. Tada, a wonderful normal solution. Multiple maps! WOW!! What a brand new suggestion that is totally reasonable. And heres the shocker, Riot has so many players playing this game that que times wouldn't be effected on the new TT. If anything the old TT would have a little bit longer of a wait which is worth it to people who actually gave a **** about that map and signed on when ever they could in order to play that map.

Wow AlphaQ, it seems like this is the perfect idea.

Ohh I know AlphaQ, If only Riot would listen they would get even more money from even more happy customers.

Hey AlphaQ, Sessamo thinks it is juvenile to leave League of Legends because the only map they enjoyed even though they tried the new map and did not like it for mainly the reasons of it not being fun to them.

Wow AlphaQ, who would of thought that leaving something because it is uninteresting and not worth time is juvenile. I guess its just juvenile to think like that.

Alpha Q23

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Also, I couldn't care less what they do with SR. It's old and boring. And, I'd be fine with an update or overhaul of Dominion as well even though I like that map. Maybe I wouldn't like the new version, but I would understand why they wouldn't want more than one version out there.

So your reasoning against there being two different versions of 3v3? Like there is two different versions of 5v5? Hell why doesn't riot just get rid of all their maps that isn't summoners rift. That would get rid of quite a few players on those old map but hey some of them would trickle back to Summoners Rift while grunting. That will show the people who liked other maps other than Summoners Rift.

Shadow Isles is more of an in between version of Dominion and Twisted Treeline. Shadow Isles is not Dominion true, but it is more of a step in that direction than it is with what Twisted Treeline was all about. Twisted Treeline was a smaller version of Summoners Rift, now it is not.

Mister Yi

11-27-2012

3000 upvotes is basically nothing you know, compared to the player base.

Alpha Q23

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
It wouldn't be as harmful to the community as it would be to Riot. Yes, it would split the queue even more, but more than that they would now have to try and balance both maps. The original TT was already severely imbalanced. While Shadow Isle TT is imbalanced, I don't think it's as bad as the original TT and that it can tweaked and fine-tuned better.

And I looked into your PoxNora game. Instead of the 500 players you claim it had, it has at least 1800 (that's as far as the rankings went). And, it only supports 1v1 games. So yeah, it wouldn't take long to get a game there. Whereas TT needs 6 players with the community already split between solo queue and ranked, SR/Dominion needs 10 players with the community split between solo queue, draft queue, and ranked, and then part of the community playing Proving Grounds in custom games. Adding another map just splits it even further.

Were you talking about there are only 500 players online at any given time? If so, then you need to stop mentioning that there are 13 million players in LoL, and start mentioning how many are online at one time...which is significantly less than 13 million.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be frustrated. I'm not saying you need to like this new map. I just don't think you fully understand why Riot is not allowing both.

And yet here you show how you don't understand much about the supposed split of the community. What you don't seem to realize is the TT community has split. Some stayed with the new map cause they liked it, some play the new map less because its not the same, Some left LoL altogether. It looks to me like that is a split. Also it looks like a good chunk of those old TT fans will be spending less, but that is made up for new players who will probably spend some money themselves.

Now to make up for the less old TT players on this new map. New players have joined the ranks of this new 3v3 map. See that makes up for the old TTers who left, or close enough at least.

Now lets take a look at what would happen if the Actual TT map was brought back. The old TT fans who left the 3v3 game would return to their beloved map, The old TT fans who occasionally play the new map will go back to playing their beloved map and maybe still occasionally play the new map, these now happier gamers will be more inclined to give Riot money.

So your thinking of the que times being longer is false. If anything it will be longer que times for the old TT fans who are happy to have their old map back the way they like it.

Alpha Q23

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisTheWay View Post
I dont agree with what riot did but if they kept the old TT they would have less ppl playing both and therefore they would care less for them then they already do, and they really don't care that much for it now anyways, so far it just seems like a reason to sell skins and test season 3 items
You should refer to my previous post, the one right above this one.

ZapatillaLoca

11-28-2012

stop spending your money on skins and other ****, that will make them pay attention to you...

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

First off 3,000 signautes is ummm nothing?.... and the old TT was about farming and turtling which made it very boring changes are good get used to them ^_^

Nykidemus

11-28-2012

Change on its own is neither good nor bad. The question is if the change improves a situation or not.

Obviously a lot of us do not feel that it did.