Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

S3, Any news on Australia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morphìne

11-06-2012

Quote:
SnoWolf x:
logged in just to bump this.

Same here, and to add that the absolute least ping I've had is 205, with an average closer to 300.
I also get spikes of 3-18k, but that's just Telstra's service.
Pings on an Aussie server would definitely be a great deal better, and I know how different it'd be just from going from 300-200 ping even is a huge change, being at 10-100 would just make playing much more fun overall.

I also heard that there were companies in Australia willing to fund/support a server because of how much Esports- in particular LoL have been growing recently.
There was also an article in the newspaper recently from Raydere from Team Immunity about the subject- http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/games/teen-keen-to-lift-australian-gaming-into-elite-league-20121103-28qup.html

I believe our own server would really help kick off LoL in Australia and Oceania and increase funding for future competitions.

Some input from Riot would definitely be appreciated, even just some updates.

KyleXDoom

11-06-2012

Quote:
Wongza:
Ping doesn't do much to be honest, im a 1850 elo player that lives in nz with 200 ping and i don't have any problems

Doesn't mean it doesn't effect you. You could very well be a much higher rated player if you had say, 50 ping.

Morphìne

11-06-2012

Quote:
applekorez:
iM HEAVENZ INTEL WHERe?

^Australian in top 20 soloq

That's true, could be #1 with 10 ping though.

AbysmalVoid

11-06-2012

ive played with 180 ping and it wasnt that bad

Sylver

11-06-2012

Not an australian but i feel bad for all of you. Hope you all get your own servers

JinAtonic1

11-06-2012

why would you want 30 minute queue times?

Judgesin

11-06-2012

wait why woul taiwan have 100 ping?

Isn't the internet connection to USA direct (but longer) whereas to Taiwan there are loads of stuff in between?

AlternateLogic

11-06-2012

Bumping because this should happen

Coon Lagoon

11-06-2012

Bump.
I want to know what it feels like to have American ping... Just for a little while....

Genspirit

11-06-2012

damn aussies always trying to leave us

U CANT LEAVE WE WONT LET U