Normal games are kind of dangerous now if you're an unskilled/new player..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsupport7346

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Actually my argument is that the fact of the matter is that Lyte looked at your "greater sample size" of less cases, reviewed them, confirmed that he'd punish the people in most of them save but 1 whom he overturned. It's actually confirmed that the crowd worked and that the bad judgement happened only once out of the cases you linked.

What you don't know and assume is that there are more posted than reviewers on the tribunal. How do you know that each case did not get 100 people reviewed on them? This thread only has 496 posts after this one at the time of this posting. We'd be considerably lower than that with the totaling of all the accounts posting in this thread as well.
Lyte used pre- and postgame chat to justify false positive from the Tribunal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysUsesAnivia View Post
That's nice and all, but completely irrelevant.

The fact is that the Tribunal does NOT have access to that information, and therefore punished these players solely on what was presented to them. In none of these cases was that information even close to sufficient to merit a punishment.

Sure, the voters might have gotten lucky and punished people who "deserved it" based on a wealth of secret evidence that you claim to have, but can't show us. However, this, again, is not relevant to whether or not the Tribunal is actually functioning as intended. The very fact that these cases were punished in the first place by voters with minimal information demonstrates the dysfunction of the system.

Of course, because your entire system is based on a set of rules that are so poorly defined, you can spin literally any in-game behavior as a violation of said rules in order to rationalize an outcome by the system. The fact that your system has no concrete rules for its own validation should be a warning sign to you, particularly as a psychologist, that your approach is unscientific.

This thread just shows, that the Tribunal will randomly punish you as long as you get enough (questionable or not) reports.



Don't forget that Tribunal is one of Lytes project, the reputation it gets is his personal reputation. Anyone who ever worked on any project knows that you'll represent it as shiny as possible. Lyte cannot judge his own system without a bias, anyone who states otherwise has never worked on a project which influences his earning and reputation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunalconsp View Post
You said that it either implies what we we're arguing, or, exclusively, that the tribunal worked properly due to magic fairy convergence.

You didn't put a theorem forth, because you proved nothing.

That's called a hypothesis and one which is unjustified, because it lacks any kind of empirical data and sound, statistical inference .


You're not using a scientific approach, but a theological one; you argue assumptions as proven theorems. So yes, there is no arguing with you, because you don't want to argue.
Nope.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tribunalconsp

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
Nope.
I've done my part, the rest is up to the others in the community who actually care about the state of the game, as few as they might be.

We rallied and got positive reinforcement (honor), this is the next crucial step...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunalconsp View Post
I've done my part, the rest is up to the others in the community who actually care about the state of the game, as few as they might be.

We rallied and got positive reinforcement (honor), this is the next crucial step...
You are level 5, and thus your account couldn't have been in any effect for the positive reinforcement step. Unless your main is banned. Which would mean you were still not part of the positive reinforcement part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsupport7346

Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
You are level 5, and thus your account couldn't have been in any effect for the positive reinforcement step. Unless your main is banned. Which would mean you were still not part of the positive reinforcement part.
Nice accusations... Too bad it's not based on facts but on assumption ;-)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
Nice accusations... Too bad it's not based on facts but on assumption ;-)
Ah but why else would this guy of popped into existence?

Either he is posting on a level 5 which he got in 4 games with the first being on 11/11 specifically because his main was banned, or he never existed for either situation's introduction.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/37428755#history

Facts sir, facts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunalconsp View Post
Permabanned. It's quite obvious that Riot paid these retarded shills to get the word across that they can do no wrong, but I am here to rectify that.
How about this where he declares a permabanned situation? It is in this thread ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunalconsp View Post
Riot can keep banning me, but I will be back here to put you in your place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merce in trainin

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Well I'm now scared to even play another match at all after reading some of these cases.

I usually play Int bot matches all the time and I was thinking about trying out Normals again, but after reading some of these I don't want to even think about playing for fearing of getting banned for something that wouldn't of been my fault.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Why is it no one ever questions the main issue with the tribunal - how is it that the tribunal is able to determine the same judgement as someone such as Lyte, who admits to needing to review the pre/post game chat, and the actual replay in cases, to determine their 'passive aggressive'... We're not ****ing Romulons or Vulkans. We're Human. Having emotion, is acceptable... Don't ever say it's not...

But still, how'd the tribunal come to the same conclusion, without the required evidence?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merce in trainin View Post
Well I'm now scared to even play another match at all after reading some of these cases.

I usually play Int bot matches all the time and I was thinking about trying out Normals again, but after reading some of these I don't want to even think about playing for fearing of getting banned for something that wouldn't of been my fault.
Ask for help if you need it, communicate with your team and stay positive and you should be fine =p No clue about that bot game though, the only thing I can possible think of is that the guy was harsh as heck in post game chat and a Riot employee actually reviewed the case and Punished him. Oh, and why are you reading posts from a week ago?

Best of luck in Normals, hope you get lots of kills.