Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login Queue - Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUSONAMES

11-17-2012

You instate a huge login queue in the same patch that you also put a half million crashes, Im not even going to send you the error report just to spite you, horrible decisions, riot 101.

Othadum

Recruiter

11-17-2012

The problem is people would rather play PBE and get 10,000 IP and 4,000 RP every week than play on the live servers.

MedievalMan

11-17-2012

More players on PBE means more games going and shorter queues. Which increases the likelyhood of true testers to find the bugs. Since we can't get on its gonna be a slower process of gathering bug reports and more people raging about the log in queue. Increasing the server size would only be beneficial to everyone. Quality over quantity huh? pfft

CieleNavae

11-17-2012

Quote:
Butsuon:
Maybe you guys should consider a hard logout timer for inactivity on the PBE to help alleviate the log-in queues. If there aren't 1000 people idling for 4 hours more people could get in and get things done.

Emphasis on long term idlers. Some people simply never log out of pvp.net. I'd wager for idle for an hour is probably a good number. Gives you time for a meal, shower, etc. without having to wait in queue again.

True dat.

Leefee

11-17-2012

Quote:
vLemon:
TL;DR: The login queue is large because of increased interest in the PBE. The timer does not accurately relay your wait time.

You mean:

TL;DR: We intentionally keep the server much smaller than our other environments so that we can ensure the PBE does not become a place for people to come to get free content.

Do you really expect people to buy the "trollers, leavers" facade? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, and I appreciate having PBE.. however I'm fairly certain you are capable of "doing something about it". < The it being the log-in queue.

Brainiac777

11-17-2012

You guys should implement a 1-5 game restriction limit so its more fair to us that are waiting.

Runewielder

11-18-2012

Anyone been able to get through the login queue lately? or is it now completely broken?

Sminkle

11-18-2012

I got in past the queue after 3 hours wait time (it of course said 1 hour wait for most of that time ...) and that was in the afternoon, which I suspect would be the busiest time of day on a weekend. Now it's 3am and I've been in the queue for another hour when it told me it'd be a ten minute wait. Can we at least get an accurate queue time so we can know if it's worth it? And I hate when your wait time or position in line goes UP instead of down. :/ Luckily it hasn't crashed after queuing for a couple patches, though.

Runewielder

11-18-2012

Yeah i have the same thing, 10 minute or so wait that keeps resetting.

Interesting thing to note: after a while i left the "over 9000" category and got actual numbers. The strange thing is that the queue only decreases when the shrinking pie thing in the corner has about 10% left until it resets, but i did go down in numbers. Currently something in the 8200's.

IV3RSON

11-18-2012

i have same thing , it said 16 min and i waiting and waiting and still waiting. numbers are increase it saying 22 min. my waiting time like 2 hours.