Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login Queue - Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guamunist

11-16-2012

Does the login queue stop working at some point? it just went to 6 hours stuck at a time that never moved. First it was 45 minutes for 7 hours, now its going on 6 for the 2h 45min wait time.

Pho7ios

11-16-2012

Well, I suppose a larger pool of players has it's pros and cons for the PBE. On one hand you have got the over 9000 queue, the trolls, AFKs, and the possible erosion of what was once a much smaller community of testers. Perhaps it is something like the endless September.

On the other hand, more players does provide Riot with more feedback about the content as well as a diverse array of systems for exposing technical issues. Riot, please correct if I am wrong about this.

I have to wonder if there is a middle ground to be had. There doesn't seem to be a currently obvious hotfix for these conundrums, so perhaps what is needed is time for the community to readjust to the influx of players. Eventually the trolls and the like will either be banned or mature.

Personally I don't mind the queue being over 9000, I think it's a funny reference, and I don't really mind being patient. So maybe the queue time is hardly the most pressing of concerns regarding Riot's testing platform. There is the live server as well after all.

Moogles1

11-16-2012

been long log-in times since november became open...

Zoram

11-16-2012

The real irk I have with this, is that when there IS a log in queue, I get shoved into it along with everyone else. I'm saying that people who consistently use PBE should be given some sort of priority over the people who just want to get in for new content and have no desire to help out at all.

Odow

11-16-2012

I got stack like 4h on a "2h q" then i rage and start closing and opening it, after 3-4 attemps i was directly log in.. normal ?

Pho7ios

11-17-2012

I read in some other threads about people re-logging and getting in without a queue, I tried myself and that is what happened. So... perhaps this is some sort of glitch.

IS1028f9d39ec492e16485e

11-17-2012

^Doesn't work anymore though, not for me atleast.

eMgRoB

11-17-2012

Just tried logging in
It said approximate position in que: Over 9000 ROFL
Wait time 37 minutes........
I just want to see the new mastery tree >><<

Butsuon

11-17-2012

Maybe you guys should consider a hard logout timer for inactivity on the PBE to help alleviate the log-in queues. If there aren't 1000 people idling for 4 hours more people could get in and get things done.

Emphasis on long term idlers. Some people simply never log out of pvp.net. I'd wager for idle for an hour is probably a good number. Gives you time for a meal, shower, etc. without having to wait in queue again.

Xemeron

11-17-2012

What about this idea:
Make a PBE for Europe, will solve login queue problems at once, cause many players would just switch cause of lower ping anyway.