Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login Queue - Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

11-16-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Can you implement some type of system that kicks idling players to free up slots for people who intend to play? There used to be something like this back in the "old days" and I'd love to see something like this on the PBE.

Please please please!

unkull

11-16-2012

Quote:
Razy6trix:
Well, your login queue is a lie, because the pbe is not even close to being full.

How can you explain 20 minutes queue for a 5v5 normal in SR?

Where is everyone? there are not a lot of customs, there are barely 50 people in public chat.

Please disable the login queue.

Did you happened to click the "Show private games" button? No? Problem solved,

Sashirakin

11-16-2012

Misleading or not, you would think my timer would move from 2 hours and 4 minutes after 30 minutes, but low and behold, it's still at 2 hours and 4 minutes.

JesterTheJoker

11-16-2012

This is an ugly cycle... People don't log off, causing the people that do to have to wait long periods of time before being able to log back in, causing those people to not want to log off again, cause other people longer periods of wait times... etc etc

Guamunist

11-16-2012

Mine has be stuck at 45 min for 7 hours. lol.
relogged in and now it says the 2hr deal like you.

Serious question though. Is there an idle timer on the server? I do not ever recall being kicked for inactivity and my account would stay logged in hearing the bloops from chat 1.

DominusAsmodeus

11-16-2012

So, when my position in queue is rapidly going down, but it stops after the "position check in" does that actually mean anything?

Axum666

11-16-2012

I know this is a busy patch and the timer does not reflect my actual time left in queue,

but i have been stuck at 2hrs and a few minutes, in the log in queue for 3 hours with no change.

I am fine with waiting for a queue or coming back the next day, but i feel like I'm just stuck in limbo right now with no information about what my actual position in the queue is.

Sir Dougles

11-16-2012

Quote:
vLemon:
While I understand that this may be frustrating for many of you, please continue to be patient in your attempt to log in. We may choose to grow the server in the future but we currently believe that improving the quality of the PBE is a higher priority. With the large number of complaints about leavers and trolls, we’d hate to simply increase the population on the PBE without doing something to curtail the problem.

TL;DR: The login queue is large because of increased interest in the PBE. The timer does not accurately relay your wait time.

Sucks when people legitimately want to test content, and it says 2 and 1/2 hour wait time....for 4 hours. I can understand where you are coming from, but its extemely frustrating to want to test content, start up a login, go to bed and wake up the next morning to it STILL saying over 2 hours. If you have higher demand, then you are gonna need to answer to it.

In my opinion, if you want to try and implement controls to battle leavers and trolls, you are gonna need more "test subjects" which means you need more people, which means you should be expanding your server capabilities, not restricting them.

NinjaCalibur

11-16-2012

Quote:
Sir Dougles:
Sucks when people legitimately want to test content, and it says 2 and 1/2 hour wait time....for 4 hours. I can understand where you are coming from, but its extemely frustrating to want to test content, start up a login, go to bed and wake up the next morning to it STILL saying over 2 hours. If you have higher demand, then you are gonna need to answer to it.

In my opinion, if you want to try and implement controls to battle leavers and trolls, you are gonna need more "test subjects" which means you need more people, which means you should be expanding your server capabilities, not restricting them.

No.

A beta environment hardly needs just a handful of people to try it out. Literally, maybe 10-20 people. 2 filled matches for testing purposes. That's all. That's enough people to test out the newer bugs that may be occurring with every new patch.

Betas are not open online Free2Play games. They're tests. Test environments FOR a future online game or for one currently online. Hell, not every online game even has such a beta environment. Once their beta phase is over it's done. And every new patch may or may not come with horrible issues. We're lucky Riot even does this to begin with. To potentially get rid of any possible bug issues before launching the patch live.

Riot is kind enough to allow thousands of testers on their server. When at most, it should be a handful of maybe 100-500 people tops who all have been given select beta keys to even get in.
It's a test environment for future patches. And it does not need the entire Live version's community trying to flood into it to get a chance to see new content before its release. But Riot allows it anyway.

95% of the people who are currently apart of the PBE are people who just want to try out new content before the release. Only about 5%(or less) actually log onto the beta to try to find bugs, report them and test the patches.

Be thankful for what you do have. Riot doesn't have to make their PBE public.

Sonic Nova

11-16-2012

I don't know if this is supposed to be happening, but I've been in queue for almost a good 3 hours and am still over 9,000 in queue. Are there really that many people on our little slice of beta-testing heaven? This probably won't be looked at, but could a system be implemented so that each person has a set amount of time or matches before they have to get off the PBE for other users? That way people that have slower internets speeds or schedules that makes it so they can't join the PBE the instant it's update, that they could have a chance at the new content? I'm just anxious because, even though the queue clock is not correct, it keeps saying "3 hr 24 min" remaining, I just don't know what's taking so long, are there people who are leaving their accounts idle so they have a reserved spot on the PBE right now? I'm just afraid there are some people being jerks and taking up space so that others can't experience the new tentative updates ahead of time.

EDIT: I've read up on some of these posts, and have generated more respect for Riot and the PBE, there are genuinely people who search for bugs and submit them to Riot for fixing, but then this brings up the point I made earlier, what if a player just joins the PBE, plays a few rounds, then lets the client AFK so he doesn't have to wait in a login queue like the rest of us are being faced with. Is there a way to help prevent or even stop this from happening? So that the real testers of the PBE can get down to business where other players are being careless of?