Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Login Queue - Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weegee7

Recruiter

11-05-2012

Recently I was stuck in one position in the PBE queue for quite a while. I restarted the client and tried again, got in with little wait time. Is there perhaps some sort of bug that freezes you?

The Milkman1

11-06-2012

Quote:
Wickedsoul14:
Login queue is not the issue the fact that the game freezes once you login is vLemon is anyone at Riot even gonna look at this issue that is affecting a very large part of the PBE users ?

to fix this hit the profile button as soon as you log in and it wont freeze if you dont go to the home screen

christoc

11-06-2012

Is it possible to decrease the amount of time somebody can remain idol before they disconnect?

For instance, player X logs in, stays logged in for y amount of time without using the client so gets disconnected from server.

I believe that might free up space for others actively waiting to log on.

CormacDunn

11-06-2012

Quote:
TheBakerman:
Just wanted to say congratulations on becoming an honorary Rioter Lemon! Keep up the good work

I think it should be noted, there is nothing honorary about Lemon's Rioter status. She interviewed for her job, she's official

IS168911eb93c47f7469405

11-06-2012

While I appreciate that someone from Riot has taken notice of this issue, thank you vLemon, I believe a more appropriate approach would be to fix the issue of people who remain logged in while not playing. As you mentioned this is a beta test environment for people to test new content and to report issues, but that is acutely hindered by the inability of the testers to access the game. So in regard to your attemtps to clean up the "leavers and trolls" that are plaguing the server, I believe that the people who are refusing to log out are in fact part of the "trolling" issue. Easy measures can be put into place to stop this issue, such as disconnecting people from the server who have been inactive for longer than ~10-20 minutes.

Neophilus

11-06-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
That last sentence seems to vaguely look like this one (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31081864#31081864).

Yeahhh....

That Other Guy

11-06-2012

Quote:
vLemon:

As long as people aren’t logging off, the login queue will remain stagnant and this is why many of you get stuck in a specific position for extended time periods.

Then why doesn't the client automatically boot people off if they idle for too long? This is a very basic feature normally included in every game that has queues. Without it you have much longer queues than necessary due to people simply not logging off when they're done and then people start intentionally staying logged in to avoid the queue further compounding the problem.

Neophilus

11-06-2012

Quote:
00011011S:
Then why doesn't the client automatically boot people off if they idle for too long? This is a very basic feature normally included in every game that has queues. Without it you have much longer queues than necessary due to people simply not logging off when they're done and then people start intentionally staying logged in to avoid the queue further compounding the problem.

Because they want to improve the quality of PBE not....

wait...what? Riot paradox

The Forbidden404

11-06-2012

I didn't come to PBE to test new champions, but I know a lot of people did, so I understand the problem and I hope when Zed has been released, I'll be able to access PBE normally

Geminus

11-06-2012

So then start putting some sort of timer on accounts. You have to play a certain amount of hours a week on PBE or your account gets suspended. It's hardly fair though for the many players, like myself, who play genuinely for enjoyment to get treated with reduced and congested service constantly because of people who just log when there's new stuff to try or the sign-ups open