I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
LMAO I just saw this as well. No, nothing was said about this to me.
I think they need to add a back component like your image has, or TL2 engineer.

The giant gloves with no supporting mechanics over the arms/back is just dumb looking.

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDominooo View Post
I've always been under the impression that champs take longer than 4-weeks to concept, model, animate, and create a kit for.

The similarities are striking, however. Great minds think alike.
Yeah, Vi was definitely in the gun before I presented Quinn. I am really glad that I came so close to the character, and am very excited to play Vi.

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

12-06-2012

I'll post what I posted in the Feedback thread:

Riot makes concepts months in advance. Someone like Jayce was concepted around when, say, Draven was being made.

While it's possible Riot might have drawn some inspiration from your art, it's more than likely nothing more than a coincidence. Sorry to get your hopes up but I know that feels. (Considering she's like a champion I designed in my thread).

On the bright side, the fact that your concepts mirror Riot's own concepts is a good thing, no?

EDIT: Shen'd out the ass :\

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptanMarvelous View Post
I'll post what I posted in the Feedback thread:

Riot makes concepts months in advance. Someone like Jayce was concepted around when, say, Draven was being made.

While it's possible Riot might have drawn some inspiration from your art, it's more than likely nothing more than a coincidence. Sorry to get your hopes up but I know that feels. (Considering she's like a champion I designed in my thread).

On the bright side, the fact that your concepts mirror Riot's own concepts is a good thing, no?

EDIT: Shen'd out the ass :\
lol it's all still very exciting.

HelKaiser

12-06-2012

oh geez, they actually made a Quinn inspired champ, Vi. Good concept and that's so awesome!

Congrats! you lucky dog you.

ClamPaint

12-06-2012

Castor/Pollux would be an instabuy for me. I think it is a really clever idea and yordles are the perfect creatures to use for it.

Scheele, Leer-Vo and Claire are also pretty cool.

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamPaint View Post
Castor/Pollux would be an instabuy for me. I think it is a really clever idea and yordles are the perfect creatures to use for it.

Scheele, Leer-Vo and Claire are also pretty cool.
Oh, you are going to like the revision for tomorrow.

Speed Racer

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDominooo View Post
I've always been under the impression that champs take longer than 4-weeks to concept, model, animate, and create a kit for.

The similarities are striking, however. Great minds think alike.
I'm pretty sure you are correct, many champions have been in development/concept stages for a long while before they are actually announced and released.

Riot probably did not rip-off the OP but the resemblance is uncanny...

Izzabelle

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Giant View Post
I'm pretty sure you are correct, many champions have been in development/concept stages for a long while before they are actually announced and released.

Riot probably did not rip-off the OP but the resemblance is uncanny...
I'm going with happy coincidence on this one.

HelKaiser

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Yeah, Vi was definitely in the gun before I presented Quinn. I am really glad that I came so close to the character, and am very excited to play Vi.
yea whatever, it was probably more like Riot already had a somewhat related/kind of similar idea (like many ideas are) for a champ concept in the works, saw your work and got inspired by it and pushed it through.

definitely