Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I want to make Champions for League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thatsmapizza

11-30-2012

Hey Izzabelle,

I just want to give me thoughts on Rhodes today. Personally, I think his design is pretty solid at the moment (no pun intended) because you successfully captured the essence of an earth smith in your design. What works with the design is the colors for a start because not only does the color scheme say that Rhodes is one with the earth or closely involved with the earth, but it also says that Rhodes is a human with his own goals. Also, with the current drawing of him, his face express self confidence or steadfastness which I assume what you're trying to aim.

Although Rhode's current design is really good, it could use a few improvements. I'll start of with a few nit picky grips I have with his design. First, I don't really like how his hammer is drawn because from it's current angle, it kinda looks like cardboard and also I don't like that the hammer's faces are completely square because if the faces were completely square, Rhodes would have a hard time smithing the earth since his hammer apply enough force to actually work the earth since all of the force of the hammer will be dispersed through the entire face of the hammer. So, maybe add a few corners to the hammer, so the hammer actually looks like it could smith something.

My major problem with Rhodes' current design is that it doesn't tell us who "Rhodes is." What I mean is that you did make a cool terramancer character, but who is he outside this label? You attempted to tell us who Rhodes was in his lore description by saying that he was a mercenary and part of a terramancer clan, but I can't really see these attachments in his current design. Another question that I think you should ask yourself when you come back to Rhodes' design is what differentiates himself from the other terramancers in the clan he comes from? Is he some leader figure of his clan? Was he banished from his clan and force to take up mercenary work to live?

In summary,

-The base design of Rhodes is good, but it needs a few additions
-Change the hammer a bit so it looks like it could be used to smith or fight with
-Add something that would define Rhodes' character. Like if was a "lone wolf" kind of character try to emphasize this trait in Rhodes' design

AnthroAdryn

11-30-2012

A lot of these are pretty neat design...

Castor/Pollux want want want
Riot pls
Something like a duo caster design where the ult works kind of like nidalee, except switches out which is casting, would be soooooo ****ing cool ;w;

epicflyman

11-30-2012

Quote:
AnthroAdryn:
A lot of these are pretty neat design...

Castor/Pollux want want want
Riot pls
Something like a duo caster design where the ult works kind of like nidalee, except switches out which is casting, would be soooooo ****ing cool ;w;

I posted a kit for Castor/Pollux on page 80 that Izzabelle liked. Ulti works very similar to nid's

The FireWater

11-30-2012

I really like the charcter ideas. Though I gotta say with Quinn, I don't know why an Ionian survivor would be wearing a big Hextech style punching machine. I thought they were more natural with their strength.

Still, love the characters. I'd love to see some of these made. Sepcailly Katsumi. Can always use more girls with swords.

snufaluf

11-30-2012

Bump!! Love the work

Izzabelle

11-30-2012

Quote:
The FireWater:
I really like the charcter ideas. Though I gotta say with Quinn, I don't know why an Ionian survivor would be wearing a big Hextech style punching machine. I thought they were more natural with their strength.

Still, love the characters. I'd love to see some of these made. Sepcailly Katsumi. Can always use more girls with swords.

someone suggested that she might have lost her actual arms in the attack

ploki122

12-02-2012

Last post is too damn old!

CynicalGiant

12-02-2012

Any reason Rhodes is AP? I dont really get the AP vibe from him. He seems like an AD bruiser.

I would like to see a 4 armed champion. Maybe a 4 armed caster of sorts?

Neo

12-02-2012

Quinn is so badass

Izzabelle

12-02-2012

Next champ is in the gun, will be done tomorrow.

Sorry about the lack of posts, work is still really hectic because of the holidays.