I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VV0VV View Post
ugly art concepts , go to minecraft forums
I'm glad you were so thoughtful in your analysis. I will take this feed back to make "prettier" art concepts -- but their looks will never be the entire focus. The main thing to get across with a concept is the idea.

Bumping. New champ tomorrow... lots of new stuff incoming -- it's just taking a while because of work + black friday week.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Personally, I would take the hood off the new character, make her hair a bit more flashy and give the boots some design flair. If you need some inspiration, check this out
http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_persona-2_b.html

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Personally, I would take the hood off the new character, make her hair a bit more flashy and give the boots some design flair. If you need some inspiration, check this out
http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_persona-2_b.html
Originally she had a mohawk :O
Then she had a nice rockabilly cut. But I opted for the hood to make her fit the rogue archetype better. Is there a reason you'd like to see the hood removed?

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Oh, I also updated the main post with new infos and a "Working On" thing.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Originally she had a mohawk :O
Then she had a nice rockabilly cut. But I opted for the hood to make her fit the rogue archetype better. Is there a reason you'd like to see the hood removed?
hoods in fantasy character design, imo, are just a way to do less work. Not satisfied with the hair/head/face? Put a hood on it. It seems like an easy aesthetic way out. The fact that she's rogue-like shouldn't teeter on whether she's hooded or not. Aladdin didn't need a hood or cloak or anything to be the fastest, sneakiest rat in the street. He did it with style and technique. That should be the crux, not design crutches like a hood or cloak.

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Quote:
hoods in fantasy character design, imo, are just a way to do less work. Not satisfied with the hair/head/face? Put a hood on it. It seems like an easy aesthetic way out. The fact that she's rogue-like shouldn't teeter on whether she's hooded or not. Aladdin didn't need a hood or cloak or anything to be the fastest, sneakiest rat in the street. He did it with style and technique. That should be the crux, not design crutches like a hood or cloak.
Ah ok. I will tweak with the design a bit. I was originally leaning away from the exposed head not out of "ease" but simply because I thought most people would read it as the rogue archetype. I'm sure I can push the role without it, so I will give it another go in the revision -- but that may be a ways off with the current work I'm doing.

OH NO ITS LU BU

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Ah ok. I will tweak with the design a bit. I was originally leaning away from the exposed head not out of "ease" but simply because I thought most people would read it as the rogue archetype. I'm sure I can push the role without it, so I will give it another go in the revision -- but that may be a ways off with the current work I'm doing.
Make her hair look like a moth's wing design. That'd be awesome. https://www.google.com/search?q=moth...NtDyyAGM7oDACg

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Quote:
Make her hair look like a moth's wing design. That'd be awesome. https://www.google.com/search?q=moth...NtDyyAGM7oDACg
lol I'll consider it

Sparkly

11-18-2012

I absolutely ADORE Danielle. I have been dreaming for so, so long of having a darker support, and you have designed a gorgeous, dark Shadow Isles support.

Riot, pls. Pls pls pls pls pls.

Izzabelle

11-18-2012

Quote:
OH. This is also what her hair looked like at a point during the sketching stage...