I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster ov Doom View Post
i don't want to drag op down but anything he/she posts here is property of riot and if you post good ideas here riot will just take them and not give you a thing
How do you figure? They can take the concepts sure, but if they aren't differentiated enough, it'll warrant a lawsuit based on copyright infringement because in Layman's terms; once the art is created, it is my property and cannot be sold, distributed, or copied without my consent. They wouldn't risk stealing from an artist -- because in no way have I agreed to let them have these, and the risk isn't worth it. If they do copy anything, I'm sure the community won't sit by while I provide evidence of the original high definition files and process pieces -- and neither will my lawyer.

I hate to get so legally serious on the matter, but this is just wrong -- and I don't believe Riot would believe they could get away with it -- nor do I believe they would even attempt it.

Izzabelle

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays Talon View Post
I have to say, I at least somewhat agree with what some people have said. About the new winged girl (claire?): I saw the art and was very impressed, but then I read the lore, and it just wasn't what I expected. I didn't really get the vibe you were throwing out with the lore.

basically I felt the art and back story combination might have been too influenced from something people don't recognize maybe? They just didn't seem to mesh.
I wouldn't get to hung up on it. The lore is just silly to begin with. But she is a fairy rogue. I didn't want to do an overly girly pixie, or some Amy Brown fairy. And I like the wings as a cloak (until she uses them) thing.

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
How do you figure? They can take the concepts sure, but if they aren't differentiated enough, it'll warrant a lawsuit based on copyright infringement because in Layman's terms; once the art is created, it is my property and cannot be sold, distributed, or copied without my consent. They wouldn't risk stealing from an artist -- because in no way have I agreed to let them have these, and the risk isn't worth it. If they do copy anything, I'm sure the community won't sit by while I provide evidence of the original high definition files and process pieces -- and neither will my lawyer.

I hate to get so legally serious on the matter, but this is just wrong -- and I don't believe Riot would believe they could get away with it -- nor do I believe they would even attempt it.
^ Exactly what she said... Champion concept forum had this gray zone problem since it existed (and actually, even before). Basically, Riot can't use it because it isn't said anywhere that what we post on their forums become their property (it wouldn't make much sense). And then, over the copyright thing, there is the intellectual property... basically, anything you create belongs to you, designed or not. Now, the legal issue is whether or not you used his/her creation or thought of a similar one yourself.

So yeah, Riot can't do it, doesn't /really/ want to do it, and won't do it ever most probably (creating a first time is like destroying a dam while being on the opposite side... and you're destroying it with your bare hands, while it's -5F)

Izzabelle

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
^ Exactly what she said... Champion concept forum had this gray zone problem since it existed (and actually, even before). Basically, Riot can't use it because it isn't said anywhere that what we post on their forums become their property (it wouldn't make much sense). And then, over the copyright thing, there is the intellectual property... basically, anything you create belongs to you, designed or not. Now, the legal issue is whether or not you used his/her creation or thought of a similar one yourself.

So yeah, Riot can't do it, doesn't /really/ want to do it, and won't do it ever most probably (creating a first time is like destroying a dam while being on the opposite side... and you're destroying it with your bare hands, while it's -5F)
EXACTLY THIS.

Also consider Riot's run in with Jason Chan's work concerning Kayle. Kayle's splash represented too closely a character of Jason Chan's -- and when Riot found out about this, they revamped the splash to differentiate the art. No questions. They wouldn't then blatantly steal from me -- they just aren't that cold-hearted. And at the same time, it's still not worth the fallout that comes from that kind of action.

Budclaw

11-13-2012

Hey Izzabelle I'm not sure if anyone has offered this but I would like to collaborate with you on these champion ideas you have, from the technical side. I think I can help you come up with abilities and possibly even lore. I've already started on a Q ability for Leer Vo, add me in game if you are interested! ^_^

Budclaw

11-13-2012

Hey this is what i've come up with so far. Let me know if this is too strong or anything. Any and all feedback is welcome, this is very rough. And please don't steal the ability ideas anyone! lol.

Leer-Vo (Mage, Support)
Damage: 40(+2.5/per level)
Base Health: 400(+70/per level)
Base Mana: 270(+65/per level)
Move Speed: 315
Armor: 10(+3.5/per level)
Magic Resist: 30(+0/per level)
Health Regen: 4(+0.5/per level)
Mana Regen: 6(+0.7/per level)
Basic attack range: 500

Passive: Every 6th auto attack, Leer Vo's next auto attack blinds the enemy for 1 second. This cannot affect the same champ more than once within 2 seconds.

Q: Ceptor Beam - Shoots a beam from the eye of Leer - Vo, creating a tether to the first enemy champion hit, rooting them in place and channeling for 1/1.5/1.75/1.9/2 seconds. Once the tether breaks the enemy champion it was connected to loses 10/10/15/15/20 armor and magic resist, depending on how long the tether was channeled.

Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/90

Cast Range:

Edit: Also Leer-Vo belongs to Izzabelle, I just want to help out with the abilities and mechanics of her great illustrations ^_^

Doctor Neth

11-13-2012

nice stuff

Izzabelle

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budclaw View Post
Hey Izzabelle I'm not sure if anyone has offered this but I would like to collaborate with you on these champion ideas you have, from the technical side. I think I can help you come up with abilities and possibly even lore. I've already started on a Q ability for Leer Vo, add me in game if you are interested! ^_^
A few people want to. And I am not opposed to anyone theory crafting their own lore and abilities -- so long as it doesn't radically stray from the concept.

DH Pestilence

11-14-2012

SOMEONE GIVE THIS WOMAN A JOB.

But seriously, these are really good. I don't normally do this, but I'm really creative when it comes to stories. So lore and such flows through my mind whenever I see a champion. Would you mind me posting a few lore stories in regards to some of the champions you drew on the front page?

Izzabelle

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA Swifty View Post
\Would you mind me posting a few lore stories in regards to some of the champions you drew on the front page?
Do eet!