I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pokenerd

Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish View Post
Better champion concepts die in the Player Concepts Forum every day.

Where are you, Riot?
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO Ice&Fire fan!! I completely agree. compared to kha'zix, elise, diana, syndrah these champions look new and origonal. Why Riot just repeat the generic 'Knight in shining armour' so many times is beyond me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

11-12-2012

New champ posted: Claire.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Well, first about Claire.

I gotta say, I dig her art. It's really nice. However, I son't see how you ended up with that art from the description you gave us... If I wanted an illusionary teleporting mage, I'd go more along the lines of Leblanc (which is exactly what she is). However, if you want a thief/gish, giving her a slender build, toolbelt, hood and cloak (even better if it's a weird cloak) and long boots is pretty much the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenerd View Post
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO Ice&Fire fan!! I completely agree. compared to kha'zix, elise, diana, syndrah these champions look new and origonal. Why Riot just repeat the generic 'Knight in shining armour' so many times is beyond me.
I honestly believe that a) you're wrong (sure they had a bruiser streak, but they've acknowledged and fixed it). and b) you've terribly misunderstood Petyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish View Post
Better champion concepts die in the Player Concepts Forum every day.

Where are you, Riot?
As for you Petyr (if you ever come back), Actually, this is better than anything on the CCF afaik. Sure the concept is A LOT more rough, but she's into concept art, not champion design (which is pretty much what the champion concept forum does). Also, you should know it is pretty rude to come into someone's thread only to diss...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiderSexChamber

Senior Member

11-13-2012

God I really want that ghost woman champion. She looks sexy and scary at the same time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZodiacKiller20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

roit pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noglory

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
New champ posted: Claire.
do me a favor add me in game so maybe we can talk about a champion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Well, first about Claire.

I gotta say, I dig her art. It's really nice. However, I son't see how you ended up with that art from the description you gave us... If I wanted an illusionary teleporting mage, I'd go more along the lines of Leblanc (which is exactly what she is). However, if you want a thief/gish, giving her a slender build, toolbelt, hood and cloak (even better if it's a weird cloak) and long boots is pretty much the way to go.
She's not a mage, she's just magic. She is a thief/rogue. She's not wearing a cloak, just a hood. What's on her back does look a bit cloak like (intentional), but they are something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raideros

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
She's not a mage, she's just magic. She is a thief/rogue. She's not wearing a cloak, just a hood. What's on her back does look a bit cloak like (intentional), but they are something else.
She's a fairy. Did I win?

When I read her summary I pictured in my head an ability for her, like a Wukong's decoy but it moves to a targeted area while she becomes stealthed and then I immediately fell in love with this concept.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plays Talon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-13-2012

I have to say, I at least somewhat agree with what some people have said. About the new winged girl (claire?): I saw the art and was very impressed, but then I read the lore, and it just wasn't what I expected. I didn't really get the vibe you were throwing out with the lore.

basically I felt the art and back story combination might have been too influenced from something people don't recognize maybe? They just didn't seem to mesh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coffee addict

Senior Member

11-13-2012

i don't want to drag op down but anything he/she posts here is property of riot and if you post good ideas here riot will just take them and not give you a thing

if you are confident in your work then send in a resume