Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I want to make Champions for League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NidaKat

11-06-2012

Quote:
Rewdas:
I can see some interesting lore for the mini-baron thing. The second one is Samus, though.

Shuma gorath

zero suit samus

another malphite

illimuse+volbeat (any of those pokemon couples that look alike.)
plusle+minun
solrock+lunatone
I know there's another..

Wintersfall

11-06-2012

Quote:
Cahandla:
These are sweet keep drawing man. I wanna see more

Oh he has more. Just wait and see.

Cpt Tsanga

11-06-2012

Bump because awesomeness!

CloudCarry

11-06-2012

Quote:
Rewdas:
I can see some interesting lore for the mini-baron thing. The second one is Samus, though.

These are pretty decent drawings, but imho they are nothing but scribbles. Looks like another youth who was influenced by pokemon and video games.

Micalas

11-06-2012

Nice concepts. +1

Zectra

11-06-2012

Buy and read this book. (http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Game-Design-lenses/dp/0123694965)

Vert Saga

11-06-2012

That First Concept (Leer-Vo) who Looks Like Shuma Gorath looks Pretty cool...
still needs more modification cuz it's REALLY remenbers Shuma Gorath =\

lavalos

11-06-2012

Nice post, I hope you can make it into Riot, these champs would be sweet, at least the duo-Yordle thingy =D

ploki122

11-06-2012

So, here is my feedback/questions about Leer-Vo, had to delay those after the lore since I wanted to make sure that it didn't sound as "I didn't like your champion" but more like "I didn't like X part of your champion because Y".

For the name, I find it semi-bland... I mean Leer-Vo doesn't have any specific ring (you can say Leer-Vo in one shot, there is a clear cut at the -) to it from my point of view and it doesn't come from any source known to me. What that means is that while the name does feel a bit shady and all, it isn't really defining of anything. All of the champions have their name taken from something (some of them I ignore, such as Jayce, but most of them, especially the olders, are fairly obvious). Also, right now, there are 3 composed names, all 3 linked to the void, and all three names are linked by a ' instead of a - (Kog'Maw, Cho'Gath and Kha'Zix). While totally insignificant, I think it is a fact worth preserving.

Onto the art, much like the name, I think it is a bit bland. While it is really hard to define a monster with only a concept art, if you wanna go far, you'll probably have to develop that (or at least, it'll be a big plus if you can). What I mean by it is that right now, if I look at the picture, I see a female beholder, a little bit short, maybe 2 teemo high, who isn't really mean. She looks more Kog'Maw-y to me than Cho'Gath-y...

Looking at the picture, here are the themes that spring to mind :
- Vision, obviously
- Misunderstood (He is very caring but due to its appearance he is judged as pure evil)
- Shy/Afraid (Not the most straight-forward guy)
- Tendrils seems to be fairly important in his character (after eyes)

If I look at your description, I get :
- Vision
- Pure Evil
- Agressive but careful
- League of Minions*

*This one is a bit more complex and requires a bigger explanation. Basically, like I said, we start with a /plain/ beholder. What I mean is that while he is pretty neat for a monster art, he still hangs VERY close to the beholder stereotype. No real defining factors. Then we enter into the description, he'd be an evil, scheming, monster from the void (pretty much like everything in there), might even be working for someone "stronger". So basically, he is bland, and unimpressive... Nothing sets him aside. If you look at in-game champs, they are all very unique... Anivia is just like any other vengeful ice pheonix, Ezreal like any other magic-imbued-attached-to-an-artifact exploring boy, Olaf is where it becomes a bit more bland since he is basically only a stronger version of anyone in his tribe (presumably), but since his tribe is unknown, that still works. You basically gave us a void underling... I want a void badass!

So yeah, here were the things that I changed, or wish to change (with the thoughts behind it) and I wondered what you thought about each of them individually :
1. Changed it from a man to a woman. (Basically, just having her in a lighter tone, and move a bit more slendery would really shows she's a girl. Plus we really need female monsters like Anivia. Also, gives us another non-huge-boobs girl.)
2. Made him from out of the void to define his character. Basically, I inspired myself from Darth Vader for this one... He was a "pure" boy, living happily on the bright world, **** happened, he went to the dark side to gain power, embraced it, became stronger... This gives us a distinct background as well as a quick reference for his character (how he is/what he'd do and why).
3. I ditched the underling thing, the League of Legends is all about Legends, not underlings.
4. Toyed around the ability to "see", basically I explained why, being an outsider, he used his vision more than anything else and that in turn made him use vision more than anything else. Basically, I wanted a reason for him to see, since it's pretty much his core thematic...

EDIT : 5. OH! and the name thing, why Leer-Vo? and how do you feel about Seeri'Feh?

Praetor

11-06-2012

Normally, I just skim over these and think "ho hum". However, awesome stuff!