I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoH View Post
Really nice thread, pretty unique champs and lore's everything is good, I personally have never drawn digitally I would of but I ended up studying civil engineering it has little to no drawing manually that is it did back in the days as my teachers say lol.

Well my personal comment or critique would be to polish your "anatomy" and "pulse" what I am trying to say with anatomy would be body proportions, I used to draw really bad but I improved quite a lot over the course of my high school days now up to my university days. I would recommend practicing different styles not just focusing on ones that you like, it sound odd but doing that gives the brain a better "Muscular memory" on how you use your hand, your steadiness improves and everything you practice sums up and renders out to your own style, hence all of that since your works are mostly sketch material as in they still need a higher definition
I am improving my work over time -- but even if I got to that level of skill in some of the examples you've provided, I won't be using it for concepts. Riot Zeronis' work is akin to the level I am working toward currently. Thank you for the critique though -- I am working hard to improve ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroppoi View Post
No offense but those 2 champions have a similar concept to the ones already in game, and I think you used to have more and they were similar if I remember as well. The first one like nunu except a frog instead of a yeti. And the second one looks like caitlyn. Maybe you have different stories for them but a majority of people don't read the lore they just care about the person, and neither of those are new.
pretty much this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantEvilKitten View Post
Sorry, that is very stupid. Is Sej the same champion as nunu? She is riding something after all. What about Rumble? Riding a machine.

The play style and champion are so completely different you cannot even really compare them.
Yep. So to elaborate -- I am not going to avoid creating any mounted characters just because Sej, Nunu, and Rumble exsist. Just like Riot's probably not going to avoid making more male bruisers simple because male bruisers already exist.

Also, about Rebekah -- you're getting hung up on the length of the gun, Kuroppoi. It's important at that point to consider how the champ works despite her appearance. The gun is a flintlock rifle -- which in game would act different and sound differently than Cait's sniper rifle. That alone pushes the two characters entirely away from each other. Keep adding the other differences, and yes -- even though they are both female carries with rifles -- they are two very different characters.

Izzabelle

01-28-2013

OK! So today is Monday. Last week I had the flu -- so I missed out on posting a champion. So today you get two champions! One is done and I'll be posting him with the one being drawn for today.

Thanks for your patience

Also! I'm almost at 1000 upvotes :O

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Riot. Pakwa. Now. Please. All my money!

Amazing art! RIOT HIRE THIS PERSON!!

Izzabelle

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
Riot. Pakwa. Now. Please. All my money!

Amazing art! RIOT HIRE THIS PERSON!!
Thank you!

TheEnygma

01-28-2013

now what's funny? if you had a whole team of designers with you, you could've made your own MOBA at this point :P

Sairie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Bumping this again =)

Izzabelle

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
now what's funny? if you had a whole team of designers with you, you could've made your own MOBA at this point :P
Designers needed! lol. I only have 17 ready concept champions -- how many did League start with?

Live2PwnU

01-28-2013

Riot, hire this person now. I love the work.

Izzabelle

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2PwnU View Post
Riot, hire this person now. I love the work.
check back tonight for 2 new champions!

Fully Sick Asian

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Designers needed! lol. I only have 17 ready concept champions -- how many did League start with?

think it was 21