I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

bump

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Because long ago, a happen-to-be-female ancestor of Itzel proved her valor in saving the tribe from a terrible entity that threatened their existence. Believing her to be something divine, the tribe followed her and her line unquestionably. The line happened to consist of females, and each one that takes rule of the tribe, first proves their ability to protect, uphold, and lead the tribe in the feats originally mentions in Itzels concept-lore.
So lemmie get dis straight here, izzabelle. Long ago, a heroic lady warrior girl did something badass and saved her tribe, okay sounds good. But then every child in that dynasty for like 2 thousand years or whatever was a female, and a male was never born!!!!!!!! So it's female only dynasty.

Here is my question. "WHY?" Them being all female adds NOTHING to her lore!

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcaine View Post
So lemmie get dis straight here, izzabelle. Long ago, a heroic lady warrior girl did something badass and saved her tribe, okay sounds good. But then every child in that dynasty for like 2 thousand years or whatever was a female, and a male was never born!!!!!!!! So it's female only dynasty.

Here is my question. "WHY?" Them being all female adds NOTHING to her lore!
That's not her lore, really. That's the explanation, or fluff, you needed for idk what. If you want, I can just say she is sexist. Being her creator, it is within my boundaries to even say she (and her tribe) are actually asexual beings from space. If she ever was picked up by Riot, I doubt they'd stick to that. I doubt they'd even stick to the lore I provided, as it is concept lore. Basically -- the big take is conceptual. You want to read too much into a character that doesn't exist. Royalty for the head-dress, three tasks representing her concept game-play and purpose for being in the league, Kumungu Jungle as a means to connect her appearance and traits.

I thought it was cool to have an all female monarchy. That's just a dash of cool thrown in for me since it's more common that fantasy monarchies are typically male-oriented. Still doesn't make it sexist. I hate to pull the creator card on this, but if I say she's not sexist, she's not then. Even though nothing about her actually implies she is sexist in the first place. You want an explanation of her line? It's cool to have an interest. But I can't help but feel for some reason you are just trying to pick a fight. But let's have a go -- character development isn't necessarily my strong suit, but I'll give it a shot.

Her line is entirely female, because they are actually duplicate incarnations of the original ancestor -- always slightly different though (due to obvious male involvement). The Ancestor's bloodline, while not actually divine, was altered in her fight with the evil entity allowing for this anomaly to occur with her children and their children and so on ans so forth.

It's a little more in depth than say a simple jungle girl raised with wildcats.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

bump. new champ tonight!

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

bump

RandomICE

12-31-2012

Ideal dream, let's work to achieve it.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomICE View Post
Ideal dream, let's work to achieve it.
yay dreams!

New champ almost done! ^.^

Zørrøt

12-31-2012

You are incredibly talented, I love all of your champion designs. Bump.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrrt View Post
You are incredibly talented, I love all of your champion designs. Bump.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the support.

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
That's not her lore, really. That's the explanation, or fluff, you needed for idk what. If you want, I can just say she is sexist. Being her creator, it is within my boundaries to even say she (and her tribe) are actually asexual beings from space. If she ever was picked up by Riot, I doubt they'd stick to that. I doubt they'd even stick to the lore I provided, as it is concept lore. Basically -- the big take is conceptual. You want to read too much into a character that doesn't exist. Royalty for the head-dress, three tasks representing her concept game-play and purpose for being in the league, Kumungu Jungle as a means to connect her appearance and traits.

I thought it was cool to have an all female monarchy. That's just a dash of cool thrown in for me since it's more common that fantasy monarchies are typically male-oriented. Still doesn't make it sexist. I hate to pull the creator card on this, but if I say she's not sexist, she's not then. Even though nothing about her actually implies she is sexist in the first place. You want an explanation of her line? It's cool to have an interest. But I can't help but feel for some reason you are just trying to pick a fight. But let's have a go -- character development isn't necessarily my strong suit, but I'll give it a shot.

Her line is entirely female, because they are actually duplicate incarnations of the original ancestor -- always slightly different though (due to obvious male involvement). The Ancestor's bloodline, while not actually divine, was altered in her fight with the evil entity allowing for this anomaly to occur with her children and their children and so on ans so forth.

It's a little more in depth than say a simple jungle girl raised with wildcats.
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just thought it was a completely unnecessary addition to otherwise decent lore. I wasn't saying she's sexist, I was saying the concept of the only girls allowed female monarchy (the way you phrased it made it come off like that) was.