I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yma Sumac

12-31-2012

be prepared to have almost any creative idea shut down due to self purported egoistic "anti-fun" design principles.

If you ever made anything in LoL, it would just be another standard tanky derps faceroll

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcaine View Post
Making one about female leadership passed down while there are still males in the tribe makes me uncomfortable. Why does it have to be about only females being able to inherit the throne?
Because the Jarvan line is having too much fun being male. It's a trope that hasn't been exploited enough in lore-work. It also gives insight to her culture. It's not that Males CAN'T rule -- it's just that they don't where she is from. It doesn't actually make her sexist. But good discussion point.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yma Sumac View Post
be prepared to have almost any creative idea shut down due to self purported egoistic "anti-fun" design principles.

If you ever made anything in LoL, it would just be another standard tanky derps faceroll
It's why I don't detail kits -- and why I'm sticking to the conceptual side of things. If I detailed the kit -- it would be OP to the max, or ridiculously UP.

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Because the Jarvan line is having too much fun being male. It's a trope that hasn't been exploited enough in lore-work. It also gives insight to her culture. It's not that Males CAN'T rule -- it's just that they don't where she is from. It doesn't actually make her sexist. But good discussion point.
In the Jarvan line a female CAN rule if she's born. It was never said otherwise. The reason it's sexist is because in league of legends, we're not in the middle ages anymore. Both women and men have proven they can fight and rule equally.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
In the Jarvan line a female CAN rule if she's born. It was never said otherwise. The reason it's sexist is because in league of legends, we're not in the middle ages anymore. Both women and men have proven they can fight and rule equally.
It's still not sexist. Itzel and her tribe are not under the belief that men cannot rule, and are not of the opinion that men are inferior to women.

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

Quote:
It's still not sexist. Itzel and her tribe are not under the belief that men cannot rule, and are not of the opinion that men are inferior to women.
It implies that they are inferior. You can't say "They don't believe this, but they have these beliefs that men cant rule."

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
It implies that they are inferior. You can't say "They don't believe this, but they have these beliefs that men cant rule."
lol. No. It doesn't. It just details where she comes from. It's the culture. If I threw in something passive like... "women rise above the males" or "women have come to be the dominant strength" then there would be implications. This just tells you that Itzel is of a female inherited monarchy. You read it as sexist, but I assure you it is not. Least, it is not based on the definition of sexism.

I'll look into the wording later tonight to make it clearer if more people find it confusing.

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

bump, new champ night!

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

Quote:
lol. No. It doesn't. It just details where she comes from. It's the culture. If I threw in something passive like... "women rise above the males" or "women have come to be the dominant strength" then there would be implications. This just tells you that Itzel is of a female inherited monarchy. You read it as sexist, but I assure you it is not. Least, it is not based on the definition of sexism.

I'll look into the wording later tonight to make it clearer if more people find it confusing.
But WHY is the monarchy female only?!
Give us the reasoning, if it's female only one is to assume that the tribe believes men aren't fit to rule. Why is it a part of the culture?

Izzabelle

12-31-2012

Quote:
But WHY is the monarchy female only?!
Give us the reasoning, if it's female only one is to assume that the tribe believes men aren't fit to rule. Why is it a part of the culture?
Because long ago, a happen-to-be-female ancestor of Itzel proved her valor in saving the tribe from a terrible entity that threatened their existence. Believing her to be something divine, the tribe followed her and her line unquestionably. The line happened to consist of females, and each one that takes rule of the tribe, first proves their ability to protect, uphold, and lead the tribe in the feats originally mentions in Itzels concept-lore.