I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

New champion posted -- updating the blog now, which will take a little bit, since I want to go into detail about the art direction.

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

Bump because of fast forums

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

Bump: The blog has been updated with Elle now, and her Art Direction details have been provided.

BOLTHERO

12-18-2012

Bump

ploki122

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
There's gonna be different stuff! I'd explain more, but it'll be up tonight with the new champ. Stay tuned!
Well, don't wanna be that guy, but there's still only the latest champ afaik (plus the initial info, but no selling point of your skills, it's all a do or die on the latest one).
Btw, just to make sure you understood it right, I meant the main forum post, basically so that new visitors go visit your blog.

BlackMystic

12-18-2012

what do you think of my duck champion Lupin?

ploki122

12-18-2012

Onto Elle now.

First of all, I love the conflicting nature of Elle/Elf vs Huge blade/Assassin. I think that creating a concept from there was a good idea. However, I feel like the mechanical arm is a bit off. I honestly would've preferred something more elven/magical instead of a weird bony-mechanical arm... Like I understand the those patterns are simply pat of her body suit, but look at #3/6, you can't say that having some tattoos wouldn't make her totally badass... and if you're looking for a tragic past, and something more in line with a fallen elf theme, just curse her. Make her arm cursed with either more tattoos, or simply make it completely covered in patterns/flesh-like painting...

Otherwise, I love the weapon, having it slightly longer could be even better. I also really love her pendant and feel the satchel could be on the other side.

Basically, fun champ and I love the new direction you took for blog posts.

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Well, don't wanna be that guy, but there's still only the latest champ afaik (plus the initial info, but no selling point of your skills, it's all a do or die on the latest one).
Btw, just to make sure you understood it right, I meant the main forum post, basically so that new visitors go visit your blog.
To be fair, I didn't say it'd be up here in the forum-- but the process work is new. Normally I post a champ and tell you a bit of where I was coming from with the champ. This time around I saved my process so I could go into detail. Also, the process is slightly different in how I normally go about designing a champion -- because of my study. Elle was painfully enjoyable to make, because I wasn't comfortable with how I was making her from a technical standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Onto Elle now.

First of all, I love the conflicting nature of Elle/Elf vs Huge blade/Assassin. I think that creating a concept from there was a good idea. However, I feel like the mechanical arm is a bit off. I honestly would've preferred something more elven/magical instead of a weird bony-mechanical arm... Like I understand the those patterns are simply pat of her body suit, but look at #3/6, you can't say that having some tattoos wouldn't make her totally badass... and if you're looking for a tragic past, and something more in line with a fallen elf theme, just curse her. Make her arm cursed with either more tattoos, or simply make it completely covered in patterns/flesh-like painting...

Otherwise, I love the weapon, having it slightly longer could be even better. I also really love her pendant and feel the satchel could be on the other side.

Basically, fun champ and I love the new direction you took for blog posts.
I think the fallen elf theme is played upon a lot. And normally, if the elf doesn't turn evil, they just got extinct -- or leave to never be seen again. And of these tropes, wood elves aren't normally a part of that. So this is kind of a take on a wood elf specific fall. (Believe me, I considered going the route of High Elf and Dark Elf). The mechanical arm plays off of this them a bit. Her forest is gone. Her peace is gone. Her life as a wood elf was basically ripped from her. The arm represents a new found focus on revenge -- something not normally tied to the wood elf tropes, hence it's machine traits.

I agree with the markings. I was really torn about them in the process. I want to hear more feedback from others about them -- but I do love them.

The satchel MUST stay on that side. The sheer visual imbalance a switch would cause is just too much. With it on her left, her body becomes more anchored in visual space.

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMystic View Post
what do you think of my duck champion Lupin?
Isn't there a thread floating around that demands a Duck from riot? Is this from that thread?

Izzabelle

12-18-2012

bump