I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguin Swain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I ended up in a different thread

Jack Gates

12-08-2012

This is way cooler than the bland **** riot's put out for over a year. Also your version of Vi looks WAY better than the doofy man-hands concept riot has.

Judas Iscaríot

12-08-2012

Who cares if Quinn & Vi look the same. Think of it as a wish come true. One of your champions came to life. GG

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Haha, after I found Riot was making Quinn today, I remembered this thread and I had to come back to it. As soon as I saw her my first thought was they were ripping you off... it's good Riot posted here for the clarification. Izzabelle, I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals This wasn't a thread that I forgot about, you're creativity stuck in my head!

Ordosan

12-08-2012

Castor/Pollux
you think you could have it were they were riding on each others shoulders. since they seem to be still young so the shoulder riding would point to the youthful or just yordle child like behavior. and it would make the stance change easier to do with them swapping backs. since it seems like these two went from being the same to being two i would think that they could be child-hood friends.Just my input on these two. Really love the work.

SonsofaBastages

12-08-2012

Really surprised at Vi - but hey it's sort of like having your champ in the game.

Also I'm really digging the revision to Danielle. The specters in her dress was all she needed. Looks sweet.

blackkat101

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordosan View Post
Castor/Pollux
you think you could have it were they were riding on each others shoulders. since they seem to be still young so the shoulder riding would point to the youthful or just yordle child like behavior. and it would make the stance change easier to do with them swapping backs. since it seems like these two went from being the same to being two i would think that they could be child-hood friends.Just my input on these two. Really love the work.
But if the were riding each others shoulders, would you call it Dioskuri? You may get something like this....

- Kat

(from Eye of Judgment on the PS3/PSP)

TheLazyGent

12-08-2012

I admire your ambition to try to persue your dream to work at Riot Games. It shows your passion for the game, your craft, and I hope one day your art will be seen by all who play this game. I think a red (Can't remember name) had it in the right in which Quinn looked like Vi, which shows your talent in art and design. I also like how you didn't jump on the "You stole my idea wah" thing some people tend to do. Best of luck Summoner and I will try to actually give you feedback when I can think of some contructive. If it means anything, Quinn was my favorite of your designs when I first saw this thread two weeks ago and I'm glad to see someone like her in league coming soon(TM).

ComanderMolander

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3troVirus View Post
I ended up in a different thread
styled, 12/10

fiaz

12-08-2012

hi.
so i read your whole article and really liked some of your ideas and had some modification ideas too (im not super artsy so its mostly possible gameplay ideas XD):

quinn: well as this is Vi, wich i liked on the pbe, theres not much to change but i really like quinn as a name (vi is weird..)
leer-vo: the beholder champion appearance is awsome there really needs to be one but the vision theme is completely overpowered i think the max he could have is 1 spell thats like ashes hawk and 1 spell thats like graves smoke bomb. maybe ward ulti but still too strong i think.
rhyodacite: i liked this guy but felt he looked too much like maplhite you should consider changing his element. maybe lightning as there is no lightning champion (xerath maybe) in the league. i also had an idea his passive could be that his spells while active make him leave a trail of "damage/slow" behind him as if he broke the groud when walking on it. his spells would be like a charge a movespeedbuff and a shield or something. so hi gameplay would be to try and keep in front of the enemies in team fights.
castor/pollux: these guys i really like the only thing i dont like about them is "castor's" name because well its an animal btw it means beaver.. also the blue/purple duality seems awkward i was thinking of something more "light" like a pale yellow or white. (they also could have a pull/push theme)
danielle: i REALLY like the art on this one. her problem is that everyone hates fear so terror centered would be better.
murdok: has swag but im not shure i like the idea of a pet champion. sooo many balance problems. better nerf irelia..
scheele: i liked the original art more because of the awsome potion/shoulderpads. but the rune/potion/belt thing is pretty awsome so a mix of the two would be godly :P (i imagine him as having like a q: slow aoe w: poison aoe e: grievous wounds aoe r: targets like heimers missiles but it chucks potions that have 1 of X effects (with a low cd)
claire: i like the thief idea but i dont like the faeri/thief/lulu idea maybe like split them 1 faerie ap that "trickster/blinks" people and one thief that stealths and has some kind of stealing mecanic like q: steals AC/MR w: steals AD/AP e: steals mvt speed etc. or just one spell that steals the highest stat or something.
katsumi: i just dont like her sorry she's like a fiora/riven baby.. and yes she looks tricky to play and all but the name and the feel i dont know what it is its wrong somewhere.. (sry not super helpful on this one)
rhodes: league plz never do this champion anivia/trundle trolls are already outrageous (truly truly) the art is like a rocky/black/jayce :P he is cool but i dont think more terrain altering abilities are good for the game.
waitomo: yeeeeaaah!! ok i know it has nothing to do with your original idea of like tanky/regen mudoish speed character but the art its too awsome not to say: you know the new evelynn passive like perma invi unless she gets close.imagine waitomo's q: he goes transparent mixing with the environement like a chameleon. hes not actually stealthed you can see his outlines but you have to be looking for him and towers dont reveal him normally as he is not actually invisible. sooo awsome chameleon man.. :P