I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackkat101

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 View Post
Can riot prove they had Vi in the work as she was before your posting? Looks like they straight jacked you.
I don't think they need to prove this as Izzabelle's original post was done 4 weeks ago.

Here on the Player Concept forum is FarahBoom's Champion Cration Splash Art, which that thread was created back in July, has pictures of a champion created called Misha, the Fists of Colossus (which the thread for Misha herself was created in June, so even before the splash art page).

This is not to say that I don't like Izzabelle's work. Quite the opposite, I think Quinn is amazingly drawn. Very much a style I prefer, but I only mention the above because large gauntlets are nothing new. Heck, even before I'd seen Quinn, Misha, or Vi, I thought of making a female champion concept with large gauntlets like that. Though of course my idea would have been so much worse as it was not fleshed out at all with abilities or lore, and then I saw Quinn and Misha and thought I should move on. Best I've been able to do is Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel.

As they say, ideas are not unique, but they way you use them can be.... or something like that.

Well, I've said my two cents. Keep up the good work Izzabelle. I do very much enjoy your work.
- Kat

Neo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Vi = Quinn!

Taria05

12-07-2012

Even the design I came up for Quinn is very similar to how Vi's turned out. People who draw the champions aren't the only great minds that can think alike. XD

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Vi looks just like Quinn...

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taria05 View Post
Even the design I came up for Quinn is very similar to how Vi's turned out. People who draw the champions aren't the only great minds that can think alike. XD
(b^_^)b

PVPMaiMai

12-07-2012

Shouldn't Izzy totally get hired on the spot then, since her champions are just like theirs?

Jungfrau

12-07-2012

yea good work man

Cat Job

12-07-2012

If you do something well, never do it for free. Why would Riot hire you if they can get ideas from you for free?

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendybendy View Post
If you do something well, never do it for free. Why would Riot hire you if they can get ideas from you for free?
Funny you should bring this up. The ideas I've posted so far are actually ideas that the community has asked for at some point or another. I would not be surprised if most of my concepts are already being worked on at Riot. These are just my take on them.

Unrestricted PK

12-07-2012

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was only being facetious. Hehe