Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


I want to make Champions for League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oziemaster

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Awesome


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Cheeseboigi:
Your art and concepts are amazing, hopefully you continue on this path and get a job, best of luck to your dreams

i hope i dont sound rude but some of your drawings remind of borderlands-esq art. Some of my favorite art actually, simple with great detail!


Yay dreams! I agree, the sketches are pretty Borderlands-esque. It's a style I've gotten comfortable with because it allows me to quickly shape characters while still being able to give an idea of their look and colors.

This will probably be changing a bit as my style improves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BolDeFruits

Member

12-07-2012

Well grats on the Vi champs, almost same as Quinn!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012

Quote:
Izzabelle:
I've been following Paul Kwon's work with jealous interest...


Thanks Izzabelle! I think the best way to get good at art is pretty much non-stop painting and drawing. Every artist at some point of their life has to go through that stage of grinding their way to get better and better. I'm still doing that myself. So in the end, it's not about natural talent or any tricks, it's about mileage. Never stop. Never doubt yourself. Just keep painting! hope that helps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
RiotZeronis:
Thanks Izzabelle! I think the best way to get good at art is pretty much non-stop painting and drawing. Every artist at some point of their life has to go through that stage of grinding their way to get better and better. I'm still doing that myself. So in the end, it's not about natural talent or any tricks, it's about mileage. Never stop. Never doubt yourself. Just keep painting! hope that helps.


Zeronis. This means a lot coming from you.

I've been following a lot of Nicholas Kay work, and watching his tutorials. In his FAQ video, at one point he said something that stuck. "If you're not getting work, the hard truth is -- and I've been there myself -- your work simply isn't good enough, and you need to grind your technique to the next level."

I've been going off of that -- so I picked up a few books by Andrew Loomis and others and I'm really trying to push into the next stage and hopefully up the quality of my work. I started following you, when I saw your concept art for Rengar.

I'm going to get there, man

Just a matter of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

12-07-2012

New stuff coming today, because I feel inspired.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H2ojames

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
RiotZeronis:
Thanks Izzabelle! I think the best way to get good at art is pretty much non-stop painting and drawing. Every artist at some point of their life has to go through that stage of grinding their way to get better and better. I'm still doing that myself. So in the end, it's not about natural talent or any tricks, it's about mileage. Never stop. Never doubt yourself. Just keep painting! hope that helps.


Did you draw Miss Fortunes new splash?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
H2ojames:
Did you draw Miss Fortunes new splash?


I thought Katie De Sousa did the MF splash. I'm probably wrong though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012

Quote:
Izzabelle:
Zeronis. This means a lot coming from you.

I've been following a lot of Nicholas Kay work, and watching his tutorials. In his FAQ video, at one point he said something that stuck. "If you're not getting work, the hard truth is -- and I've been there myself -- your work simply isn't good enough, and you need to grind your technique to the next level."

I've been going off of that -- so I picked up a few books by Andrew Loomis and others and I'm really trying to push into the next stage and hopefully up the quality of my work. I started following you, when I saw your concept art for Rengar.

I'm going to get there, man

Just a matter of time.


Yup! You're good to go! ;D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012

Quote:
H2ojames:
Did you draw Miss Fortunes new splash?


I did not. It was done by Jason Chan from Massive Black studio.