I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shamurai7

12-07-2012

First thread i thought of when i saw the new champ.....

honestly your Quinn looks MUCH cooler than Vi.

Vi is like an ugly quinn.

ArashiCrystal

12-07-2012

Yeah Quinn > Vi

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-07-2012
13 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Thank you, Griftrix. I'm steadily trying to improve my art through reading and practice. This has become a nice outlet for this activity. Hopefully soon I will join the Riot team and we can talk more about fear-based champions
I have some advice for improving your art. Compare your work to the work of professional artists who have the job you want. They are the ones who will review it and decide if they want to accept you as a team member with them. I wish I could tell you good references for digital techniques and stuff but I really have no idea. I just know that the first part I said will help you improve.

Good luck!

Uracle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have some advice for improving your art. Compare your work to the work of professional artists who have the job you want. They are the ones who will review it and decide if they want to accept you as a team member with them. I wish I could tell you good references for digital techniques and stuff but I really have no idea. I just know that the first part I said will help you improve.

Good luck!
Ya sniped me, sir. My art teacher said the exact same thing. "Try and imitate the great masters and compare. You'll improve that way." was more or less her words. You, OP, have some cool designs and I really like them.

Leblonjames

12-07-2012

wow, your concepts are BADASS

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post

Good luck!
I've been following Paul Kwon's work with jealous interest...

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblonjames View Post
wow, your concepts are BADASS
thank you

Phantaztick

12-07-2012

I like the vision support champion concept. Maybe one of his powers could be an aoe that reveals invisable targets. His passive could be something like his basic attacks provide a vision debuff on the target. He could have an attack that applies a stacking debuff that reduces the targets vision range. The more it stacks, the shorter their field of vision. I like your stuff, keep up the good work.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantaztick View Post
I like the vision support champion concept. Maybe one of his powers could be an aoe that reveals invisable targets. His passive could be something like his basic attacks provide a vision debuff on the target. He could have an attack that applies a stacking debuff that reduces the targets vision range. The more it stacks, the shorter their field of vision. I like your stuff, keep up the good work.
Thank you. Yeah -- Leer-Vo is probably my most unique take on a support champ so far.

Cheeseboigi

12-07-2012

Your art and concepts are amazing, hopefully you continue on this path and get a job, best of luck to your dreams

i hope i dont sound rude but some of your drawings remind of borderlands-esq art. Some of my favorite art actually, simple with great detail!