High ELO Nasus question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulasht

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Look up the Hyfe Nasus guide. That cat knows how to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoiceofTreason

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
Nasus is overrated. I love when an enemy Nasus appears because I know that he's perfectly useless if you have any brains. Blah blah you're low elo scrub etc. actually I'm 1750-1800 normal. And yes to be any help to your team you should go tank build, not the craptastic DPS build.

That being said, Nasus IS a low to mid elo stomper, and he is "ok" in certain situations, but he just doesn't bring to the table what other champs do. The worst part about him is how people say he has a game changing ult when in reality any player that knows what his ult does will simply kite him, CC him, blind him, etc. until the ult wears off and then he's a crappy melee DPSer again. The most useful part of his ult is the heal honestly.

Any champ IS (capping IS makes it true) overrated if you cast a story like a above about an unreal and idiotic champ that can be kited and blinded always. A ghosted Nasus with wither and any other champ that can stun/snare will walk away with 2-3 kills or assists in a teamfight on a decent team.

And you said tank (you meant offtank build though) Nasus is the best build and then you say that his ulti makes people kite, blind, and cc him? Wait a minute, does that sound like a tank that is doing his job? I think so son. Do work.

I am not saying Nasus is Godmode like some will do, but to say he is overrated is bull too. He IS well balanced in the farmer/pusher/offtank/dps roles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Targhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnWonton View Post
Leveling Q early only serves to increase its mana cost, and during the early game, you can't really afford to be blowing all your mana on Q. Additionally, there is no real noticeable damage boost from it to in order to justify it over Wither, especially early game.
Siphon Strike also has a 1 second reduced cooldown each rank, going from I believe 7 seconds (rank 1) to 3 seconds (rank 5). This is relevant because it lets you stack more killing blows with Siphon Strike.

In almost much every game, by level 7 I have skills at ranks 1/1/4/1. But I've noticed a pretty big difference in final Siphon Strike bonus damage between the games where I get rank 3 of Q by level 10, and the games where I don't get rank 2 until level 13 (because I got rank 5 Wither first). The damage bonus is often 20 or 30 points higher.

Which you level depends heavily on how important Wither will be in the context of the current game. How many large team fights are there at this stage? Are the opponents mostly ranged or melee? How many other snares and stuns does your team have? Are you a significantly higher or lower level than your opponents? Are they letting you attack towers unmolested?

Basically the less time you expect to spend in team fights in the early and mid game, the better it is to level Siphon Strike before Wither, so you'll have bigger hits for the fights that do occur in the late game.

For the record, I level Wither before Siphon Strike in most games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razerwind

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post
I am not saying Nasus is Godmode like some will do, but to say he is overrated is bull too. He IS well balanced in the farmer/pusher/offtank/dps roles.
Do you even know what overrated means? You just said that some people say he's Godmode, and I'm saying they're wrong. That means overrated. Overrated doesn't even mean bad, either -- it just means he's not as good as people say. Nasus is a low to mid Elo pub stomper who can get quadra kills when the whole team focuses him in a team fight but he comes ignorable very quickly if your team knows what his ult does and how to avoid it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

Senior Member

08-28-2010

Let me clarify something that maybe I should add into the guide.

In a solo queue I'll grab Nasus if it fits the team and if I can secure a 1v2 lane. In this case I will often times pump SS (Q) over wither. I do this for 2 reasons , 1 because in solo queue you rely on you team much less and can anticipate team battles popping up much later. In fact my strategy with Nasus in solo queue is this: farm/push the lane as long as they will let you. I farm the lane without pushing much until lvl 11 and I have the gold to grab most of my core build. Then I return to the lane and keep farming and start pushing harder because at this point I am 2-3 lvls ahead of everyone else, geared up, and frankly feel I can win/escape most any 2 or 3 man gank. Keep your eye on the map and use your own discretion. The other reason ties into the first in that your team is probably unreliable and even though you may be the off-tank you are going to want to have greater damage output because your carries may turn out to be feeders.

In a premade I focus more on leveling wither for the utility it will bring to early team battles and pushes. More organized play means you will have a more reliable source of DPS and you can play your role of tanking/buffing/debuffing/disabling/aoe raping.

TLDR: Prioritize wither over SS in organized premades, consider pumping SS over wither in soloqueues if you are left to farm a lane to your hearts content.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgitatedSkyGod

Senior Member

09-15-2010

I lay my version weird i try to generate the max gold possible so my first three items are heart of gold, mercury tread, heart of gold...

I usually from there jump into warmonger and turn the heart of gold into the shield thing... then move into dps or more likely atk speed...

I like to solo push and solo towers late game so that's why i like my build i have atk speed runes and usually pick up a ghost blade for extra kill sped lets me run a lane in no time flat while the enemies is distracted


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrawnWonton

Senior Member

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targhan View Post
Siphon Strike also has a 1 second reduced cooldown each rank, going from I believe 7 seconds (rank 1) to 3 seconds (rank 5). This is relevant because it lets you stack more killing blows with Siphon Strike.

In almost much every game, by level 7 I have skills at ranks 1/1/4/1. But I've noticed a pretty big difference in final Siphon Strike bonus damage between the games where I get rank 3 of Q by level 10, and the games where I don't get rank 2 until level 13 (because I got rank 5 Wither first). The damage bonus is often 20 or 30 points higher.

Which you level depends heavily on how important Wither will be in the context of the current game. How many large team fights are there at this stage? Are the opponents mostly ranged or melee? How many other snares and stuns does your team have? Are you a significantly higher or lower level than your opponents? Are they letting you attack towers unmolested?

Basically the less time you expect to spend in team fights in the early and mid game, the better it is to level Siphon Strike before Wither, so you'll have bigger hits for the fights that do occur in the late game.

For the record, I level Wither before Siphon Strike in most games.
Those are some excellent points and ideas.

I should have clarified what I said in my ealier statement. There is a huge difference in leveling up SS after you go 1/1/4/1 versus the people that try to max out SS first.

My point was that early game laning (lvl 1-6'ish), leveling up SS is just a waste of mana. Especially in a 2v1 situation, where Nasus really shines, you are going to want Spirit Fire pronto.

I totally applaud your flexibility when it comes to leveling skills. Too much, I think, people get their 'build' stuck in their head and they refuse to deviate for any reason. Taking a second to analyze the situation and altering your skill-ups and itemization is something everyone should do more of.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-15-2010

I use Hyfes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaceToad

Member

12-22-2010

Nasus is my main and I build him a little different than most players I have seen, but I usually do well.

My runes
-----------------------
Armor Pen
Dodge
Mana regen
Flat Health

My Mastery Tree
------------------------------
0-21-9


Summoner Spells
-----------------------------
Exhaust
Clarity


Items
---------------
Start with
Doran's Shield and a health pot

Then
Ninja Tabi, Warmog's Armor, Sheen, Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler, Sunfire Cape

If the game is very long I will up Sheen to Trinity Force.

Also, depending on the skill of the other team and the types of damage they do, I will switch up some of my items, but this is my main item list.


Skills
-------------------
Siphoning Strike
Spirit Fire
Siphoning Strike
Spirit Fire
Then I just do Wither and Ult until they are full then switch back to ss and sf



Riot really needs to fix the interaction Wither has with merc treads, it hurts my games quite a bit!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apoptosine

Senior Member

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehacton View Post
Hello everyone,
...

Nasus is a character that tends to scale very well the longer the game goes on. Two of his abilities (Siphoning Strike and the ultimate) become stronger as the game wears on, while Wither's percentage-based slow becomes even more significant. The only static damage spell he possesses is Spirit Fire, evne his passive ability is percentage-oriented. I think this explains the philosophy behind the item builds discussed here quite nicely - the quick tanking items allow Nasus to become "a factor" much sooner than he normally would. Later on I imagine these would be replaced by other, more beefy tank items if the game should last that long.

It's worth pointing out that this is essentially the opposite of most heroes - rather than using skills to get good items right away, Nasus is content with using okay items to wait until his skills power up. I think this inherent strategical dichotomy between Nasus and everyone else plays some role in the difficulty of the character.

~ Mehacton
I'm not a high ELO player probably, but I've had my runs I'm sure. At high ELO your team mates should have a better idea of how all thd champions work--more precisely how they work together. Mehacton puts thing s nidely,and I basically agree with his wording.

I have to say tht late game is when his presence in 5 man engagements is and should be the center of the show for everyone. Nasus shines in teams that have 1-2 large aoe CC champions--Amumu, Veigar, Trundle, Karthus, Lux. Janna for example. My ideal High ELO team for Nasus would include at least one or more of them.

So... if team selection is part of guide strategy...

(On a side note: 3 damage fincrease siphoning strikes now! Uh Ohh! I think I'm going to seee alot more of my alter ego! That's some serious Nassus LOVE!)