High ELO Nasus question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lownak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
pwned

Hyfe youre my god *-*

Alamandaros

07-14-2010

I too used to think leveling Q benefited me far more than W until I realized how little impact leveling it early was doing for me. It reduces cooldown and increases damage a bit, but then again a Sheen's gives me that little extra damage and (as I run with increased neutral buff duration) I should be rolling the Golem buff the vast majority of the time for cooldowns. Hell, grabbing Randuin's as my first major tanking item is one of my favorite things and that more or less puts me at the cdr cap (yes 5% is missing, but who notices that on a low cooldown?).

But yea... something about completely removing a Master Yi from a team fight just gets me giddy inside.

SynergyDreamer

08-10-2010

I've tried using the "I want some more bite in my dog" item build, however, I often didn't need the extra mana, the slight boost in AP didn't seem necessary whatsoever, and although I enjoyed the rather powerful Siphoning Strikes late game, the health boost wasn't as sufficient as I hoped and the percent chance to slow was notably unreliable. So instead I had great success using a Frozen Mallet the game after. It's virtually impossible for one to escape the slows from an FM, Exhaust, and obviously Wither. I apologize that I'm not a ranked player either, but I just want a simple comparison, despite the large paragraph:
How much more effective is the Frozen Mallet compared to the Trinity Edge for Nasus? If at all.

(insignificant note: I also went Black Cleaver instead of a Bloodthirster considering there wasn't a tank that game, the huge negatives in armor were amusing.)

iwantattention

08-10-2010

hey guys i play nasus and i level W last, its really up to your preference. dont let hyfes word be the end all be all

Oerwoud

08-11-2010

Trinity is allot more effective then Mallet, cause you go sheen. (improved movement speed and crit and atk speed is also nice)

Hyfes guide simply is best. Nasus is going tank items, cause your ult provides all the damage you need. Higher W > higher Q.

Cueballmac

08-11-2010

Nasus and Amumu are one of the few best anti tanks in the game. Triforce is really the way to go since you have to get some ms along the way once you activate god-mode. The improved hextech gunblade is also something worth checking out.

PrawnWonton

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerwoud View Post
Hyfes guide simply is best. Nasus is going tank items, cause your ult provides all the damage you need. Higher W > higher Q.
Agreed.

Leveling Q early only serves to increase its mana cost, and during the early game, you can't really afford to be blowing all your mana on Q. Additionally, there is no real noticeable damage boost from it to in order to justify it over Wither, especially early game.

Wither gets you and your team kills. Far more than a little extra damage from Q would ever do. Lvl 5 Wither might as well be a root, because they ain't going nowhere when you stick that on someone. And it makes every DPS champ cry. Combine w/ Exhaust, and you can totally shut down 2 champs in every fight.

Mid-game and onward, when you get around to lvl'ing Q, you have a sufficient mana pool to cope with it going off all the time. And honestly, with how fast Nasus farms, lvl'ing up is really fast.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueballmac View Post
The improved hextech gunblade is also something worth checking out.
Was just going to ask what your people's thoughts on this item is.
On paper it seems to have pretty much everything to synergize very well with all his skills, extra lifesteal + spell vamp for SF, and yet another nice nuke/slow to boot.
My only concern is the cost, so I haven't gotten to that point in any game where I would have had a chance to buy it, my games usually end by the time I've got boots, aegis and triforce. Some games that go on after that I've opted for starks so further boost team fights into my team's favour, since those long games are usually quite even...

VoiceofTreason

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantattention View Post
hey guys i play nasus and i level W last, its really up to your preference. dont let hyfes word be the end all be all
He is right, so don't let Hyfe's word make you win games either.

Razerwind

08-27-2010

Nasus is overrated. I love when an enemy Nasus appears because I know that he's perfectly useless if you have any brains. Blah blah you're low elo scrub etc. actually I'm 1750-1800 normal. And yes to be any help to your team you should go tank build, not the craptastic DPS build.

That being said, Nasus IS a low to mid elo stomper, and he is "ok" in certain situations, but he just doesn't bring to the table what other champs do. The worst part about him is how people say he has a game changing ult when in reality any player that knows what his ult does will simply kite him, CC him, blind him, etc. until the ult wears off and then he's a crappy melee DPSer again. The most useful part of his ult is the heal honestly.