High ELO Nasus question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

I'm not an especially high elo, but I know that Nasus is an amazing champion. Some of the best push power in the game.

What I usually do is run Teleport and Heal to give my team the best support I can whenever I can. I rush a chalice, and then from there I get my boots and Sheen. After Sheen, I get aegis, and then after that, Starks. From there I have pretty much completely unstoppable push power.

If the game is still going on, I finish Trinity Force, but I like to get Frozen Heart too, just to be even more anti-dps than I already am. After than, I'll grab sunfire cape to finish off my build.

I usually take Q first to lane, and then take a level in E. I will grab one level in W, but the per-level scaling is just stupid, and not worth leveling up over your other 2 abilities. Take ult whenever you can, because it's insanely awesome, but I max out E as soon as I can, and then Q right after. I leave W for my last few levels, considering what I just said.

Nasus is a sorely underestimated champion. And he is certainly amazing.

Hyfe

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Molester View Post
I will grab one level in W, but the per-level scaling is just stupid, and not worth leveling up over your other 2 abilities.
That "stupid" per-level scaling is a difference of 47% slowed move/attack speed and 95% move/attack speed. So level 1 wither after the full 5 seconds slightly slows an enemy carry, whereas with level 5 wither you are completely shutting them down for several seconds in a team fight. You have to ask yourself whether the maybe 60 extra bonus dmg on your Q or completely shutting down a carry is more useful to your team in a team battle. I know the answer, let's see if you can figure it out.

IceDive

07-06-2010

Hyfe, you forgot about the cooldown on SS going down with every lvl!

Hyfe

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
Hyfe, you forgot about the cooldown on SS going down with every lvl!
The point remains that you will have to build a ****ed high amount of bonus damage on your Q for me to consider it more useful in a team battle than shutting down a carry for several seconds.

I typically keep Q at level 1 until after lvl 11, and I have no problem building SS dmg. Especially if you grab the golem buff and have reduced CDs anyways.

Nasus is a team wrecker. You need him to bring the most utility to a team battle as possible. To me that means a devastating ult, a maxed out AoE armor reducer (+ dmg), and a slow that shuts down an enemy carry. It does not mean "hahahah I have 50 more bonus dmg than the enemy Nasus because I leveled SS, we win!!!".

I addressed the SS bonus dmg issue in the FAQs in my guide because so many people always ask me what my SS bonus dmg gets to. If your primary concern is pumping your SS bonus dmg, you are playing Nasus wrong, your focus is in the wrong place, and you are probably losing.

IceDive

07-06-2010

At least I remember to select the right skin...

IceDive

07-06-2010

On topic, I go E Q E W E R and then it's R>E>W>Q

Wither is too good for ganking/teamfights not to be maxed before SS.

Hyfe

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
At least I remember to select the right skin...
pwned

Booty Colin

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
pwned

Boys, Hyfe knows his ****. His guide to nasus is the most effective, well thought out and comprehensive guide I've seen to date. Listen up when the man speaks. Er.. types. Er.. **** it who cares.

paulsdad

07-08-2010

In a team fight, when i use my ult, should i just run straight for the enemy squishies or should i wither the squishies and try to stay near as many of the enemies as possible?

Lownak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiosa View Post
Carry Tank or GTFO. Aegis Merc Treads Trinity Force with 1/18/12.
sounds like Hyfe, btw, i think its a good build aswell