High ELO Nasus question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vruen

06-14-2010

sorry this isnt to the OP but how do you find your elo range if you are not in EU server? sorry if this bugs and thanks to any that answers.

Madawc

06-14-2010

meki 2pots
catalyst+boots
sheen
triforce
win

KingofWolves

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vruen View Post
sorry this isnt to the OP but how do you find your elo range if you are not in EU server? sorry if this bugs and thanks to any that answers.
Look at the dates. Riot used to release top 500 for US last year too.

Swampc0w

07-05-2010

I don't think getting Trinity Force is the right thing. I've been playing Nasus very successfully as of late, and I've discovered that using him as a main/off-tank is the best way to go. He works well as a flagbearer of sorts. Put Aegis and Stark's on him to boost your team's DPS way more than if you were using Trinity Force. The armor debuff of Stark's stacks well with Spirit Fire. -60 Armor total, and if you have Armor Pen runes, you're doing decent damage while still being tanky. Wither can be used as a slow and as a way to protect yourself/a teammate from taking as much damage. It's one of the best debuffs in the game. If you have Guardian Angel and you die with your ult running, you come back running your ult, so you don't waste it. Lately, I've run Chalice > Tabi > Aegis > Stark's . Thornmail can be handy if they target you, Sunfire Cape if they don't. Guardian Angel should be used too.

DayInTheSun

07-05-2010

Sheen is too good to pass up because of its synergy with siphoning strike and it's cheap for the damage/mana that it gives, but I agree that Trinity force isn't an ideal item on Nasus. Usually if your farming up really well and already have your core survivability items I'd complete Trinity Force when late game rolls around.

Swampc0w

07-05-2010

Sheen is a red herring. It's half the cost of a Stark's. Stark's will be responsible for well over twice the damage a Sheen will do in a 5v5 fight. In the build I use, Stark's is the only "offensive" item, all the rest being tank gear. In order for Stark's and your ult to be of use, you must be alive. When compared against Stark's, Sheen doesn't measure up, in my opinion. I forgot to mention earlier that I put 1 point in SS early and then level Wither up. SS comes last in the build. This is because a leveled Wither can spell the difference between a successful gank and a failed one, whereas the strength of SS doesn't matter if you can't catch the opponent. DPS is 0 when you're not swinging. I can't put hard numbers down on that observation, but it's still The Truth as I see it.

DayInTheSun

07-05-2010

Sheen is half the cost of starks but still gives two pretty good stat that Nasus needs (damaage and mana). For the "other half" of the cost of starks, I'd rather invest more in survivability like let's say, a negatron and ruby crystal to start on my banshee's. A recurve bow or an emblem of valour by itself isn't exactly that useful in comparison to a sheen by itself, especially on Nasus. Sheen gets your burst up a bit higher and does it on a tighter budget so you can focus more on getting tank items.

Swampc0w

07-05-2010

I am in complete agreement that an Emblem or Recurve Bow would be silly on Nasus, but I think we're talking apples and oranges here. My point is that the Stark's aura helps the team, not just you. I would argue that Stark's is a very good survivability item, because the fight is over before you die. =] The damage that Stark's brings to the team cannot be overestimated. Every 5v5 must have a Stark's to do optimal damage, and it makes no sense for a squishy DPS to carry Stark's, because squishy DPSers should not be close enough to the enemy to affect them all with the 20 armor-reducing aura. So Stark's doesn't work as well if it's on a squishy DPS. Therefore, it should be on a tank, and Nasus is an awesome tank.

Edit: Also, I should point out that the mana from Sheen is unnecessary if you have a Chalice. The Chalice gives MR, which is tanky, plus its unique power guarantees that you won't have mana problems.

DayInTheSun

07-05-2010

I love investing in a starks as well if my team needs one, but for the most part I don't find that Nasus' survivability is at an adqeuate level if he doesn't get his one or two tanky items first. Nasus is item dependent and he needs survivability and damage, in that order. I just feel that Sheen is sort of a band-aid solution to his damage woes early on and let's you focus on getting that survivability item which allows you to take some hits as opposed to getting a starks at the mid game mark when you're still not as beefy as you'd like to be.

I guess it depends really on your team comp and how well protected you are, but I always viewed starks as a luxury item considering no one really likes playing the tank anyway and I'm usually the one stuck soaking up the damage.

Edit: Chalice of Harmony is a good early game item but I find that it's not a good outside of that. Chalice is not necessarily once you get the proper masteries and runes set up. It pretty much just eats up space and that 890 gold could have been better spent on something else. I use to rock chalice too, but I found that you can pretty much skip it if you learn to ration your mana pool and play a bit smarter during the laning phase.

Swampc0w

07-05-2010

I only get Stark's after I get a few survivability items. The order for me goes like this: Chalice > Tabi > Aegis > Stark's. After Aegis, I find that survivability isn't a problem in the mid-level ranges. I'm not even well-runed right now. I have two dodge runes (once I get a full rack of dodge runes, tanking will be cake). Once I get Stark's, I notice a considerable improvement in team fights. My teammates are doing more damage because they are getting increased attack speed plus the 20 armor-reduction from Stark's. Additionally, they are getting lifesteal, which adds that extra edge in close fights. The attack speed from Stark's synergizes with your ult, since you are getting bonus damage. The damage is added to SS too, but the speed will get you more net damage than the Sheen effect. And the speed and lifesteal is improving your tanking ability through the healing.