Lack of defense...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bohaha

12-18-2012

So because of BFT and BC players don't favor defensive stats or don't use them at all anymore? therefore they get blown up in seconds

I.E. not building mr what so ever against teemo and then wondering why you're dieing in three hits...

I get it that the items are strong but they're not "that" strong enough to the point you cant do something about it. The stats aren't totally useless if people using them manage to avoid (getting double digit deaths 10-15) so what gives?

KaWraith

12-18-2012

before they nerfed them, it was not cost effective to build AR/MR vs BC and BfT. it cost too much gold for a very small return on investment.

bohaha

12-18-2012

I get that but I still see the lack AR/MR post nerf and I think its interesting to see group after group not pick up AR/MR and stack dmg, rush top... Quite aggravating especially when a person can cut out 4 or 5 deaths simply from boosting the stats.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-18-2012

Prenerf, I stopped buying armor as well (I still bought MR). Post nerf, I'm back to my normal stuff. BC/LW is still brutal, but not quite as bad as before.

I was tanking with nautilus in ARAM last night with np. Diving into 4v1s harassing them XD

Zulgaines

12-18-2012

Season 3 has given birth to CC meta.

Everyone's squishier and now people just run teams full of CC. Meaning carrying a match is even harder than before because you spend whole team fights feared and stunned hoping someone else does something of value while you can't fight back.

DiscworldDeath

12-18-2012

CC meta was always strong. Lack of CC is always an issue. One of the things that go through all the elo brackets I've observed.

Zulgaines

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
CC meta was always strong. Lack of CC is always an issue. One of the things that go through all the elo brackets I've observed.
CC was always the counter to stuff like trynd and Yi. Now more builds are getting high damage low defense in the new season so the need for heavy CC teams is increasing.

Redenbacher

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
This. When you're up against a team full of hard CC, and you have none, you can pretty much assume you lost at the loading screen (unless you're a tank and can force the enemy to blow it all on you).

So, 'CC Meta' was never, and always a 'problem'. Completely independent of Season 3.

In fact, I would argue that with the inclusion of items such as Zephyr, Mercurial Scimitar and Mikael's Crucible, in addition to the tenacity mastery, CC is less of a problem now than it was before. Very few people are using these items in favor of all the cool damage items, such as Ravenous Hydra, Runaan's, and Black Cleaver... it's a phase that will pass, I think.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

There's no real reason to build defense anymore, it's so cost inefficient compared to offense. With the cost changes and pen changes, there's just no point.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

On the contrary, I've found that defenses are in the spotlight right now. Especially when a bruiser builds primarily Tank over DPS.

Either way, I've always favored hard CC and I am going to continue to shield smash and Sun Laser my team's way to victory.