How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killermajaro

11-05-2012

I'm a smurf... i feel naughty ;c i made it to play pvp with my new buddies u.u first we played tonnnnns and tooooons of bot games before i let them play pvp >_> TONS ... when it's 2/25 i think for most people they're going to just stop bothering reall to try and just try and fool around till 20mins >_> or till the end of the game

Chess435

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Hey Kades, if we're in the lane that's having a really bad game and end up with someone raging at you for it, what should we do? (Disclaimer: I was not in the game the OP mentioned.)

C0py Ninja

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
lol, If he actually gets banned just for saying "stop feeding" then that is some horse ****. Just saying. Also, that is not PURE RAGE, pure rage is "OMFG THIS PIECE OF SH*T BOT LANE IS SO FKING BAD ALL THEY DO IS FEED. F*CKING KILL YOURSELVES NOOBS". There is a difference.

Fizz Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Well said Kades, Well said. The only thing i beleive should really change about ranked, is you need like at least 25 normal games played or something like that. That way people who are fresh 30s, wont just jump into ranked, its a disadvantage to both the team and that player. I think the more games you play the more you realize , how much "Communication" plays a part of league.

Renaito Yuujou

11-05-2012

Kades is absolutely right. However, as someone who does exactly what he is saying (I can't count how many times I've suggested to someone that they should play passively), the result is still the same. No one can take any kind of criticism, because everyone views it as a personal attack.

C0py Ninja

11-05-2012

Quote:
By the time bot lane goes 2-12, it's VERY easy to go 2-25 or 2-55. The issue is knowing when to jump in and help. By the time the lane is snowballed, it is too late. And honestly, when that happens in my games, I blame myself even more than I blame that lane. Because I could have helped sooner.

And every one of you has had a bad game. And most of you have had a game against a sneaky smurf where all of a sudden you are playing in a game drastically out of your depth.

It's really pretty simple. Raging at your teammates will lose you more games. Supporting your teammates will win you more games. Will it win you all games? Of course not. But it will win you more.

And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.

Hey, if you guys want me to tank every bad game you've had with a player who wasn't up to your skill level, hop on. I'm good. Rage away. But if you're looking to grow, trust me, you win more games through teamwork than you do through personal skill. I've found that to be true at pretty much every elo that wasn't being visited by a smurf. I'm not even that great of a player from a twitchey skills perspective, but I've been lucky enough to have moderate success thanks in large part to the fact that I remained pretty even keel in my games and try and provide leadership when it's needed.
I am pretty sure That when I play bot lane I have never gone 2/55 with my support before. So dont say its easy.

Auricthunder

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Last I checked the tribunal punishes anyone who even walks the line of the summoner's code.
I suggest you read the Summoner's Code again, then.

Support your Team
Drive Constructive Feedback
Facilitate Civil Discussion
Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense
Build Relationships
Show Humility in Victory, and Grace in Defeat
Be Resolute, not Indignant
Leave No Newbie Behind!
Lead by Example

Nobody is asking you to do all of that in every game, especially the bolded ones, or you'd be up for the "Most Perfect Person in the World" award. Even if you can't live up to that, you can still meet most of the Code by simply not saying anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
1. they call you a ****** and you are reported for refusing to communicate
2. see 1
1. If you're giving MIAs and actual game messages (let's do dragon, baron's up, etc.), then you're not refusing to communicate.
2. Exaggerate more, please.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

11-05-2012

Quote:
By the time bot lane goes 2-12, it's VERY easy to go 2-25 or 2-55. The issue is knowing when to jump in and help. By the time the lane is snowballed, it is too late. And honestly, when that happens in my games, I blame myself even more than I blame that lane. Because I could have helped sooner.

And every one of you has had a bad game. And most of you have had a game against a sneaky smurf where all of a sudden you are playing in a game drastically out of your depth.

It's really pretty simple. Raging at your teammates will lose you more games. Supporting your teammates will win you more games. Will it win you all games? Of course not. But it will win you more.

And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.

Hey, if you guys want me to tank every bad game you've had with a player who wasn't up to your skill level, hop on. I'm good. Rage away. But if you're looking to grow, trust me, you win more games through teamwork than you do through personal skill. I've found that to be true at pretty much every elo that wasn't being visited by a smurf. I'm not even that great of a player from a twitchey skills perspective, but I've been lucky enough to have moderate success thanks in large part to the fact that I remained pretty even keel in my games and try and provide leadership when it's needed.
kades hitch slapping people all day

SleepyCurry

11-05-2012

People need to start explaining how exactly they can "stop feeding." For example; (to vayne)"graves is stronger than you early game so focus on farming and try not to engage."
We are not all professional gamers, and some WILL have more knowledge in league than others in a game. Whats so difficult in helping others?

Jonez v

11-05-2012

"Stop Feeding" is just the short version to that kiss ass sentence without missing cs.