Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How are you not supposed to be upset when...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dan Klein

11-05-2012

Quote:
Reskk:
Seem to have struck a nerve judging by your hasty response and well constructed insult.

Considering you responded to my initial response quite quickly, and with an insult you later pointing out you must have "struck a nerve" for similar behavior is quite telling, especially when you consider the topic of this thread is how angry you are. Too bad they don't give out "at least you tried" forum badges.

Jaden

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.

I'm all for positive thinking and what not but lets be realistic. I don't think you've played enough league if you go "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!" in the face of a 20 kill Vayne coming out of laning phase. I promise you that you will get two shotted.

EddieJ

11-05-2012

you guys should go play sports or at least watch a coaching show on television

when someone doesn't perform well they get taken out of the game
not babied

Arhcaea

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.

There are millions of impossible things. It is impossible to jump out of an airplane at 5000 feet and survive without a parachute. It is impossible to travel through space without a astronaut suit or airtight ship. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open without prying them open.

Icker

11-05-2012

The idea that happiness and rainbows will have any effect on the toxic part of this community is what's absurd, sir. Not only that, you deem it fit to ignore instances where the bot goes 2-25 and straight up ignores any advice you give them, even if it is laced with honey. Instead they turn right around and keep doing what their doing.

Giving advice correctly, as in providing a detailed and concise list of encouragements only gets you about as far as the person is willing to listen. The argument "do it in every game and things get better" is flawed in the sense that you could do the exact same thing as the OP (i.e., tell a teammate to pick up their **** game) and you'd get the same effect due to the number of trials and different people involved. It's a pseudo-mechanization of the "regression towards the mean" concept.

Howlix

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:

Even though your trying to put things positively, i dont honestly believe most rioters know how the majority community actually is. Having a bad game, team mates raging on you, putting the ones that are mad at you on ignore, and then hear that your team mates are asking the other team to help report you for refusing to communicate (a common scenario btw). Another is asking your team mates to stick together when the enemy team is going around as a 5 man gank squad and either then tell you to stfu or just ignore you and continue to farm and continue to make the same mistake over and over costing your team the match. Another very common thing is people giving team mates advice on their builds or what they should be doing in their lane and other helpful advice and as a result your team mate that you are trying to help out decides that you think he's a noob and they get defensive and telling to to stfu and continue to insult you all match and even sometimes they start intentionally feeding.

I myself have had to pretend to go afk in a match because my team refused to listen about grouping up and we were losing because of that. when i noticed 3 minutes later they started staying together i went to them and we won the final team fight and the match simply because i had to teach them through more drastic measures how important sticking together is when the enemy is doing that.

SteveTheCrusader

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:

Kades you're my favorite Riot employee and just so you're prepared, I'm letting you know now that I'm gonna be requesting to play with you for my 1000th win soon. lol

BlueWallpaper

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.

i think what you say has merit for a 0-3 vayne, but as part of a 2-25 lane (or whatever it was) i think 'stop feeding' is a pretty legit thing to say. i mean.... 2-25.....

Freakjob

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:

And Kades continues to be my favorite Rioter ever. Move over Ironstylus, your quirky attitude and amazing art is simply outmatched by how awesome Kades is at dropping the soundest of advices into GD.

Shinigami052

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kades:

In the military, the newbies get raged at all the time and it looks like our military is one of the best in the world. Can't explain that...

jk just trolling :P