How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiya

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Except eventually that tower is going to die and they won't be able to hug it anymore. "Stop feeding" is more of a do what you have to in order to stop the bleeding. If you need a lane swap, ask. If you need to jungle, ask. If you need to duo lane with someone, ask. Instead of writing all those words out and missing a few minions waves, I could just say "Stop feeding". It is more open ended and less restrictive than saying "keep back". By giving them the ability to choose how to carry out this task, they are less likely to be angry with me. I believe it is also important to note that it wasn't even the bot lane that reported me, it was the singed top lane who was angry that I took some of his cs every time I ganked or defended top.
To be fair though, it's also making an accusation. Perhaps they don't mean to and they keep getting caught out and they are trying. Honestly, I don't feel that it's a fair judgement to make especially if you need to keep an eye on your CS and you're not noticing how they're playing. I speak for myself, but I just go ahead and tell them to swap lane or play passive. True my typing might be a disadvantage to my CS gathering, but it may advantage the less bot snowballing or something.

Lasie

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
I would like to point out that i played a game as trist vs a bad sivir in bot lane. i went twelve and zero in the laning fase and traded my first death for an inhibiter after sivir quit. then the enemy irelia and shaco made it their job to make my life hell. ended up getting shut down every teamfight and going like 17/12 and losing a 4v5 easy win cause the enemy team worked together really well.

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasie View Post
I would like to point out that i played a game as trist vs a bad sivir in bot lane. i went twelve and zero in the laning fase and traded my first death for an inhibiter after sivir quit. then the enemy irelia and shaco made it their job to make my life hell. ended up getting shut down every teamfight and going like 17/12 and losing a 4v5 easy win cause the enemy team worked together really well.
The problem was gold starvation in your case. As I mentioned in a previous post, the opposing team had a 14-3 15-5 and 9-2 or something along those lines.

M O R B I Dx

11-05-2012

Quote:
Bot lane goes 2-25. I say to them to stop feeding vayne. I get reported for negative attitude. I love this games set of rules. I'm sure the tribunal will ban me again because that is just how things work. Riot honestly, the tribunal is broken if i get banned for this. How are you not supposed to react to a 0-12 adc telling you what to do or a 2-13 support thinking he is the cat's pajamas.
I know it sucks but its I guess just the rules of the site. And yes you most likely will get punished for that if you had other reports, which people report all the time for really minor reasons so you most likely do.

lol at OP getting downvotes

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M O R B I Dx View Post
I know it sucks but its I guess just the rules of the site. And yes you most likely will get punished for that if you had other reports, which people report all the time for really minor reasons so you most likely do.

lol at OP getting downvotes
The votes have been fluctuating. It started -2 then went to +4 now it is at like -20 or something. I couldn't care less about downvotes as this thread as been more than I hoped for.

Sageoffire

11-05-2012

Quote:
Bot lane goes 2-25. I say to them to stop feeding vayne. I get reported for negative attitude. I love this games set of rules. I'm sure the tribunal will ban me again because that is just how things work. Riot honestly, the tribunal is broken if i get banned for this. How are you not supposed to react to a 0-12 adc telling you what to do or a 2-13 support thinking he is the cat's pajamas.
If someone has gone 0/10 thats fine. i will defend them, everyone has had a terrible game and that sucks. if someone has gone 0/10 and trys to blame someone else however, thats when i react.

I will not rage, but im sure as hell not going to sit there and accept the blame for their stupididy. if they want to tell me its my fault that they died because i didnt ward dragon (i play supports) then i will make damn sure they know that THEY were the one who decided to push up a lane without vision ... and then i ward dragon when i get back to lane and wait to see what their next excuse is going to be.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
The amount of times I've played vlad top, bot, or mid to help another lane out are beyond my counting. Sometimes I just tell them to go X instead and I'll handle their lane. As long as you keep your team positive minded, you have a much better chance of winning. It's not going to get you free elo obviously, but it'll help lose you a lot more than you would if you raged. I've even played mages a few times bot to help out my ad carry. Teamwork man, it goes a long way.

Also, by not raging you really single out the one person that is being "that guy" and raging at everyone. Usually people rage in a flock; one person raging will most likely stop if he's got 4 other people to tell him to calm down and take a seat.

Ippiki Okami

11-05-2012

Quote:
If bot was feeding 2-25 and all you said was, "bot please stop feeding, play a little more passive and buy some wards" (and I mean exactly thoes words and thoes words alone.)

Tribunal most likely will not ban you.

But as most people, you probably didn't just say only that.

But takes more then 1 game to land you tribunal so relax.

Tarinis

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kades View Post
how is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"oooooohhh...! that's what i'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

next time, try 'bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and i think mid and i will be fine without the ganks."

or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: The petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.

3mptylord

11-05-2012

Because when the lane is 0-25 they are a bit beyond the point where they have any control over whether or not they carry on dying. Help them or shut up. Telling them to stop feeding is perhaps the stupidest piece of advice I've every heard... it's like honking your horn in a traffic jam like the car in front can do anything to help the situation.