How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mourn Vallas

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
isnt saying stop feeding pretty much saying play passive? if i took the time to type out what you suggest i myself would fall behind in CS. its not my responsibility to type them a novel to make them feel better. stop feeding means play passive and wait for ganks in my mind.

Tenronth

11-05-2012

oh hi

Fiya

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourn Vallas View Post
isnt saying stop feeding pretty much saying play passive? if i took the time to type out what you suggest i myself would fall behind in CS. its not my responsibility to type them a novel to make them feel better. stop feeding means play passive and wait for ganks in my mind.
How about 'play passive'. One less letter than stop feeding.
Or
'Keep back'. Even shorter

There are plenty other options.

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiya View Post
How about 'play passive'. One less letter than stop feeding.
Or
'Keep back'. Even shorter

There are plenty other options.
Except eventually that tower is going to die and they won't be able to hug it anymore. "Stop feeding" is more of a do what you have to in order to stop the bleeding. If you need a lane swap, ask. If you need to jungle, ask. If you need to duo lane with someone, ask. Instead of writing all those words out and missing a few minions waves, I could just say "Stop feeding". It is more open ended and less restrictive than saying "keep back". By giving them the ability to choose how to carry out this task, they are less likely to be angry with me. I believe it is also important to note that it wasn't even the bot lane that reported me, it was the singed top lane who was angry that I took some of his cs every time I ganked or defended top.

YoshiStampedeBlu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Except eventually that tower is going to die and they won't be able to hug it anymore. "Stop feeding" is more of a do what you have to in order to stop the bleeding. If you need a lane swap, ask. If you need to jungle, ask. If you need to duo lane with someone, ask. Instead of writing all those words out and missing a few minions waves, I could just say "Stop feeding". It is more open ended and less restrictive than saying "keep back". By giving them the ability to choose how to carry out this task, they are less likely to be angry with me. I believe it is also important to note that it wasn't even the bot lane that reported me, it was the singed top lane who was angry that I took some of his cs every time I ganked or defended top.
This.

LarcyBrown

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best LeeSinga NA View Post
when someone is 0-13 they are either

1. int feeding
2. trolling
3. thinking they best thing in the world and its everybody elses fault

in lower elo if this happens if you try to tell a player something they say "noob *** ik what im doing"
Once had to deal with 5 17 9 shen top lane....we still won that game somehow...he was baiting them to chase him for so dang long in their top jungle.....weird plan but it worked...

Bianary

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte Prime View Post
Convince me that what the OP said is "raging".
Go read Kades' first two posts.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
I try to give constructive criticisms like you said.

I get responses that are no different from giving a negative criticism.

Most times I receive responses like "lulululul nerd tryin to be all nice and shlt givin me unhelpful tips on how to play this nerd game, get a life bruh."

It doesn't matter whether you give positive or negative feedback.

There will be players who hates being looked down on. Even though you really wish from the depths of your heart to help out that person.
You'll just get lashed out on.

My solution to feeders is to simply remain quiet and just play. Because as soon as you say something that causes butthurt whether be it positive or negative. You will get reported for it.

octavian1127

11-05-2012

If you're letting your bot lane GET to 2-25, then some of the blame for that rests on you. If they start giving up multiple double kills, then you need to be encouraging them to play passively and encouraging them that things aren't as bad as they seem. Mid needs to be roaming down to gank. The jungler needs to be counter-ganking (I'm assuming they aren't giving up all these kills to 2v2's) and basically camping that lane. Hell, even top needs to be showing up to gank. Your ADC is the most important person on the team to get fed (or at least have good farm before team fights start). Sure, anybody can carry a game but the ADC can carry a game best. Nothing says "we're a team and we're gonna win this one" more than a 5 man gank on a bot lane to get them back in the game. Now the other side of that lane has to be looking over their shoulder the whole time. Help them ward if the support is behind on their build, call mia's, and pressure the other lanes hard to get the enemy jungler off their backs.

tl;dr: This is a team game. Treat it like one and don't try to single handedly carry every game by yourself.

Edit: @ previous poster. Constructive suggestions won't get you banned and might even get you honor from the rest of your team. Be the guy that holds the team together and through that, carry your team more than someone who goes 20-5-2 and rages the whole time.

Geroppo

11-05-2012

as kaedes said the best thing to do is give advice instead of telling ppl to "stop feeding", since they are not feeding because they want to.