How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VMan7

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.
People's definition of rage... lol.

HeyLPG

11-05-2012

Quote:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
That isn't really the definition of....rage.

Kermit666

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Stop feeding Vayne is my way of putting it because I could not watch their lane. I did not know if they were over extending or not warding often enough because i had my own lane to deal with. "Stop feeding Vayne" was my way of saying to be more wary of their actions because a fed Vayne is not a good thing to deal with. It isn't like I said "Hey you morons stop being moronic and feeding vayne like a bunch of morons." I said it just flat out without putting hate into it.
If that is all you said (no swearing and excessive 'gg noob uninstall pl0x' etc.) and I came across this case, I'd vote Pardon.

Its not like everyone just auto clicks Punish in Tribunal, I've voted for Pardon in cases where the guy was obviously trying hard to support team, and just got frustrated enough for a few minor comments near the end (only to be reported by his sucky team mates).

Chalisar the Mad

11-05-2012

Quote:

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
Okay this is getting to be pretty pathetic. Are you trying to tell me you can't even type "stop feeding" to someone in game. If you think that is pure rage than my mind is officially blown. It's pretty insane to me that people can't type what they want in a video game within reason. There must be some pink cuddly carebear in charge of things on your end. Are your offices filled with flowers, rainbows, creepy smiles and free candy for everyone. You guys are crazy with this whole toxic player thing. Stop the witch hunt and let people enjoy your game.

Tenmar

11-05-2012

Quote:

Any good jungler will know to NOT try and bail out a lane that if failing that hard. The reason is that if an opponent especially an AD carry is fed that the jungler is not going to how the items or the levels to mitigate that damage output. It is best for a jungler to find the achilles heel on their team and exploit that.

If anything your advice is just as bad when working with PUGS because all it does it force more bad judgment and wastes time and empowers the enemy team to know where every opponent is.

If it was a premade team and you were on voip, okay sure your advice works. But reality is that this is pugs and no voip meaning that in a real time situation you aren't going to come even close to typing out that sentence. Nevermind actually having to make the judgment call if the risk is worth the reward.

The best advice in a pug situation is to tell allies to "stick by turret, never extend". Cause they will lose the lane they can certainly farm it as much as possible while the jungler actually tries to do something more useful short of the enemy team diving said lane.

Sybil Cut

11-05-2012

Quote:
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
Kades, you are amazing.

Kades #1 Rioter NA

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Saying "stop feeding" works on people who have the ability to re-evaluate themselves objectively. Sadly, I doubt the majority of the carebear community that Riot is creating are capable of doing that, so indeed, it is more optimal to follow the Red's advice in this game.

I doubt Riot is truly interested in improving the playerbase's skills (at least in NA); they want to create a stable, HAPPY community, which will guarantee them the most cashflow. Rengar pretty much explains NA's performances against other regions, hahahhahahahhaa.

Tenmar

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albend View Post
League of Legends

A place where being a dick is argued as being morally right because they deserved it!
I'd rather be a dick than be an ******* or a *****.

swilson

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
stop feeding is the most productive

teamwork with a 2-25 botlane is impossible and when its vayne with 20 kills thats already an auto loss
Dude thats a seriously negative attitude.. try to surrender if you want, but if other people think they can win, work with them. Im sure you've had big comebacks like that

Orionsbane

11-05-2012

Quote:
By the time bot lane goes 2-12, it's VERY easy to go 2-25 or 2-55. The issue is knowing when to jump in and help. By the time the lane is snowballed, it is too late. And honestly, when that happens in my games, I blame myself even more than I blame that lane. Because I could have helped sooner.

And every one of you has had a bad game. And most of you have had a game against a sneaky smurf where all of a sudden you are playing in a game drastically out of your depth.

It's really pretty simple. Raging at your teammates will lose you more games. Supporting your teammates will win you more games. Will it win you all games? Of course not. But it will win you more.

And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.

Hey, if you guys want me to tank every bad game you've had with a player who wasn't up to your skill level, hop on. I'm good. Rage away. But if you're looking to grow, trust me, you win more games through teamwork than you do through personal skill. I've found that to be true at pretty much every elo that wasn't being visited by a smurf. I'm not even that great of a player from a twitchey skills perspective, but I've been lucky enough to have moderate success thanks in large part to the fact that I remained pretty even keel in my games and try and provide leadership when it's needed.
i detect more rage at the op saying stop feeding from you than i would expect from the bot laner in the game.
to call it rageing is pretty rediclious if you even think about it for a moment. its not entirely constructive either though.
so while i agree saying a short more constructive comment like, be carefull, dont engage them. might be better. stop feeding gets those same sentiments across to any level headed player. he might even check the scoreboard or build a defensive item so he slows that snowball.
if he is not level headed yes it might just be kindleing on the fire. bubt thats really him not you.

just the peanut gallery, eating peanuts and watching this flame fest.