How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RIP Curse Voice

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
Oh look, a red asking us to try and convince him he's not right...you seem quite condescending.

I've actually won games by raging and being a bigger A-hole than any1 else on my team, which in turn made my team stop raging at EACHOTHER and direct their hate towards me. This way top would actually help the jungler with ganks, because he's too mad at me to be mad at the jungler.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
Ok so next time I'll just let this scrub talk down to me and I'll do nothing about it and just mute him. The important problem is now fixed.
If the person is so low in your opinion, why should him talking down to you mean anything? Giving in and raging in chat is just letting them know how much they've affected you. If anything, muting them is the superior tactic to get them back.

Nocte Prime

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo Layce View Post
I'll explain your question with a question.

How does it help the quality of their gameplay OR yours?
1) They're aware that their playing is costing the team and upsetting their teammates.

2) They'll play more carefully increasing the chances of a team victory.

3) The person that asks them to "stop feeding" feels better and plays better because he got that off his chest.

Viola! You've now helped both your teammate and yourself increase your odds of winning with two little words.

Xeravik

11-05-2012

In all honesty, I dont really agree with the Quality Assurance Associate lulz. I've played many games, and I can honestly tell you, I get more backlash by saying something useful, like, "Hey 'X' try buying 'Y' you need more MR." They seem to rage more, because almost all gamers have that sense of being better than others, its just the competetive nature of it, and they would rather do their own thing.

Idc what kind of system Riot implements on the issue, people are people, and, sometimes the best route is to troll hard and talk s***, shoot, sometimes it is more fun that way. Like someone said earlier, I just throw my hands in the air and say, "F*** it" time to play independent like that bot lane feeder did. Solo/Duo queue will almost always be like this, it is true in any game, I have not played one game where when a pickup group starts losing, people dont start raging.

I think League needs to move to more clan/guild team oriented play if they want to combat negative attitudes. If people are only playing with people they know, they are much less likely to rage at eachother, because they have formed more intimate relationships. Oh, and the clan itself can work out negative attitudes, not some 3rd party Tribunal that cant see what is actually happening in game.

How can Riot do this? Idk, make some system that encourages making friends? I know damn well that I hate most of the people I play with in Solo/Que, so I dont even bother communicating anymore, I just play in silence.

An Angry Minion

11-05-2012

Quote:
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
New favorite Red.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:

Plus, like he said, if bot is 2-25, what have you been doing while they were dying 25 times?

Thunderfrog

11-05-2012

Kades makes some points, but there comes a time when you know the game is lost.

At THAT POINT, your options are to criticize your team or to just play it out and hope for the best on re-que.

I hope you don't pick the first one.

Calderweiss

11-05-2012

Just move on and report. One game out of many.

Shaboopie

11-05-2012

Quote:

Kades, you have won this thread. You may now add it to your little bag of achievements. I can sympathize with the way the OP is feeling in those situations, but there's really no way to react that way.

Nocte Prime

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
Plus, like he said, if bot is 2-25, what have you been doing while they were dying 25 times?
Probably trying to hold top lane since their jungler can now ignore bot lane his adc is so fed and focus on top lane. Meanwhile your jungler is trying to stem the tide and stop the bleeding bot lane. Leaving your mid and top more vulnerable. Funny how one bad lane can snowball every other lane like that.