How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fizz Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-05-2012

If you are the jungler on your team. Just ask about every 2 min or so if a lane needs help or state at the beginning of match " Instead of yelling at me if u need help just ask ". It sucks when a lane feeds but sometimes all it takes is someone telling them , hey you need a gank? Reignofgaming.net Presence in lanes .

Kinda goes back to if you havent got anything nice to say , to say it at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoo Layce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
no **** it's doesn't help, but it doesnt ****ing mean that if someone is going to waste 20+ minutes of your time and another 20+ minutes for the game you won but lost elo now for, you have no right to get mad. I hate that Riot is enforcing this kindergarden policy of "oh let's just all hold hands. Guise if you verbally abuse, you only have a 43% chance of winning instead of 50%!!!!!" People should be able to get mad.

For example, I had my team give two kills fb to my top by simply walking into their jungle one by one even though the rest said not to and I died once to him through a gank. He eventually roamed and demeaningly kept saying things like "oh get out of my lane jax (basically i'll kill you, so go away and not farm), this is my last warning". He was actually terrible and this just pissed me off.

Eventually after ten minutes of this ****, I simply told him "**** off, cun't, your're a scrub and I killed you when you were fed and I wasn't 1v1" and I probably got reported for this.

Like seriously, the mute and language filter are there for a reason. if you get butthurt over someone being mad because you suck, just mute them, it's not that hard. Riot, I would love it if you would respond to this and give a detailed explanation as to why I am wrong."
I'll explain your question with a question.

How does it help the quality of their gameplay OR yours?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
i think it's ridiculous that raging/cursing is bannable. deal with it, the world is not a perfect place, why do we have to all pretend to be friendly and nice, it's just stupid.
Doesn't matter how you feel about it, it's in the set of guidelines you agreed to in order to play the game. In addition, most of us don't have to pretend to be nice, we're actually playing the game to have an enjoyable experience.

Honestly, if you feel that you really have to strain yourself in order to maintain civility in your recreation, you may wish to take a look at the way you approach things in life. You might find you could probably be a lot happier if you relaxed a little bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."


Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."


Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
So now we are required to monitor bad lanes and explain to them why they die every time they die instead of telling them the basic thing such as stop feeding and sit at tower?

Really?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auricthunder

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
Eventually after ten minutes of this ****, I simply told him "**** off, cun't, your're a scrub and I killed you when you were fed and I wasn't 1v1" and I probably got reported for this.
And why did you say this? Did it productively change the situation or did it just encourage him? Seriously, what good is it going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
Like seriously, the mute and language filter are there for a reason. if you get butthurt over someone being mad because you suck, just mute them, it's not that hard. Riot, I would love it if you would respond to this and give a detailed explanation as to why I am wrong."
You're right, they're there for a reason: as a last resort and Riot has said as much. It doesn't help that language filters can be bypassed simply by mispelling the word and muting takes away the only means to coordinate in a team-oriented game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism.
As much as I'd like to agree with you, "stop feeding" isn't destructive either. It's a neutral request, and if you say it's something report worthy, you're probably a baby.

This "if it isn't 100% constructive all the time, don't say it" attitude is crazy. And if you try to report someone for that, you're the one that should be banned. At least if that's truly all the OP said.

Get out of here, trying to say that's rage. This isn't kindergarten.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KJNG

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo Layce View Post
I'll explain your question with a question.

How does it help the quality of their gameplay OR yours?

No? but should I stay bottle my intense rage up at my probable loss of 40+ minutes just to be 'nice'? Plus, going beyond that, do you think honestly think faking it and being 'nice' to this feeder is actually going to make him not suck? In that scenario, it's probably up to the other teammates and me to compensate for the scrub.

I don't get what you're trying to get at.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KJNG

Senior Member

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricthunder View Post
And why did you say this? Did it productively change the situation or did it just encourage him? Seriously, what good is it going to do?

.
Ok so next time I'll just let this scrub talk down to me and I'll do nothing about it and just mute him. The important problem is now fixed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LunarNall

Senior Member

11-05-2012

music can go a long way. It makes me feel calm even if i do absolutely terrible


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

horror5how

Senior Member

11-05-2012

see, i fully agree with Kades' argument that players who get down on their teammates will lose more games, it's bad for team morale, etc. fine.

the part i don't agree with is that if out of frustration someone types "stop feeding" or whatever, then they can be removed from the community. that's a leap of logic that just doesn't hold. everyone comes from a different station in life, and not everyone is predisposed to "endure their tribulations stoically", as he so eloquently pens.

it seems you need to have an advanced degree in philosophy, or be a complete and utter moron to remain in this community. just let people play the game. some people are good at controlling their emotions, some aren't. why should this be a deciding factor as to who is allowed to play and who isn't? (assuming they aren't being threatening or abusive outside of the game context)