How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iverna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
Mu la Flaga:
I'm the man who makes the impossible possible.

Kayleorfeed

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibgezr View Post
"Stop feeding" is just awful. If that is the best you can do, just don't say anything. What are you accomplishing? It's like saying "stop sucking", it is in no way helpful.
ass said 50 times now, it is more productive in low elo than saying, just farm or play defensively, the people that go 0-13 as mentioned have already given up and and give 0 ****s

Shoo Layce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
You don't even know how much I agree with this. At the point when you start raging at anyone that doesn't meet your standards and then say that the game is over and it's all their fault, the game has become more your fault than theirs.

KJNG

11-05-2012

Quote:

no **** it's doesn't help, but it doesnt ****ing mean that if someone is going to waste 20+ minutes of your time and another 20+ minutes for the game you won but now lost elo for despite all the effort you put in that you have NO right to get mad. I hate that Riot is enforcing this kindergarden policy of "oh let's just all hold hands. Guise if you verbally abuse, you only have a 43% chance of winning instead of 50%!!!!!" People should be able to get mad.

For example, I had my team give two kills fb to my top by simply walking into their jungle one by one even though the rest said not to and I died once to him through a gank. He eventually roamed and demeaningly kept saying things like "oh get out of my lane jax (basically i'll kill you, so go away and not farm), this is my last warning". He was actually terrible and this just pissed me off.

Eventually after ten minutes of this ****, I simply told him "**** off, cun't, your're a scrub and I killed you when you were fed and I wasn't 1v1" and I probably got reported for this.

Like seriously, the mute and language filter are there for a reason. if you get butthurt over someone being mad because you suck, just mute them, it's not that hard. Riot, I would love it if you would respond to this and give a detailed explanation as to why I am wrong."

XLBiceps

11-05-2012

interesting

EyceAether

11-05-2012

Kades you are being extremely unrealistic.

I used to be the noob that fed all the time and continuously lost my lane. I get upset when people tell me to stop feeding, but I can't say anything because:

#1 - They are right, I am feeding.
#2 - If I care enough to get mad at them, then I care enough to stop ****ing up.
#3 - If I don't care what they are saying, then I don't care enough to do my best, and therefore I don't care about winning the game.

There is no way in hell I'm going to type a complete sentence to someone in this game, because its going to take my focus off of the gank im planning, the buffs im timing, the last hitting im doing, or the harrassing im dishing out. Until Riot adds voice chat there's no need to type paragraph long thesis statements instructing other players on how to play the game.

Telling someone to "Stop feeding" is not raging, thats asking someone to stop giving the enemy kills. If I have to explain to someone why they are giving the enemy kills, then Riot hasn't done a good enough job designing the game to make it easier to understand and its NOT my fault.

If you believe that Riot has done a good job, then that player is unable to grasp basic game mechanics and no amount of effort on my part will help them. Now at the ranked level this is pretty much bull****, and most people know why they are feeding. They refuse to play cautiously because they grossly overestimate their own personal skill on a CONSISTENT basis. I **** up all the time, had a game where I was dominating Ryze as Swain and walked about 3 feet (literally about 4-5 steps) too far past my side of the lane trying to finish him off, and Xin Zhao came out and ganked.

I should have known Xin was there, he wasn't top and he hadn't ganked bot, and my jungler wasn't being invaded. My teammates told me to "stop feeding" and I could do nothing but say "sorry" and play better.

TLDR; telling people to stop feeding isn't rage unless they take it as rage. EVERYONE needs to learn to play better.

Ballbag69

11-05-2012

ITT: People act like they don't get angry at people that feed

What a load of pretentious little ******s. Everyone gets annoyed when you're in ranked, elo is on the line and someone blatantly feeds because of being unskilled. But anyone can lie over the internet, right?

"Oh yeah, bot lane fed, but I was okay with it and I gave them encouragement"

Verandriel

11-05-2012

Gotta agree with Kades here.
About a month ago, I won a game where my team was 6-50 before we turned it around (it was actually more than 50 when we turned it around, but I can't remember the actual number), with me having 6 assists. When my friend and I convinced the raging jungle Shyvana to stop complaining and to work with the team, we managed to coordinate our play and get a baron steal + ace at 65 minutes into the game. This led to us getting two inhib turrets and mid inhib before we had to base. We managed to get another good, nearly perfectly coordinated engage on them by their bare top inhib (Shyvana ult + Randuin's into my Sona flash + ult into our Morgana's flash + ult), which allowed us to ace them again and push to win. We ended the game 16-5x. We had less than 1/3 of the enemy team's kills and about 1/2 their total gold. But we managed to turn it around by playing like a team.

Will this work every game? No. Will this work frequently? Probably not. But why would you lower your own chances of winning and upset members of your own team rather than doing everything you can to improve your chances of winning?

Zerglinator

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLBiceps View Post
interesting
interesting forum badge you have there.

2pudge1cup

11-05-2012

Generally people who are playing poorly feel just as bad if not worse about it than you do. I know I can't stand costing my team the game. I can't stand it. I can't stand missing that dragon/baron smite. I can't stand being 0-10 and just ending up as a ward dispenser.

When someone starts flaming I'll acknowledge and apologize for their frustrations but if they keep going I'll play even worse. Guarantee. I don't play better when someone is out to stat-wh0re while whining about the rest of the team.