Twisted treeline? Not really

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yucline

11-02-2012

Hello,

I have been playing this new TT map and found out that the only way to win is to have beefy champs, and lee sin. The map is very unbalanced (perhaps even more than the old TT). I just don't really understand the point to exchange these 2 maps as this new TT gives a kind of dominion feel to it with the different items, lame shrines, and lame boss buff.

The spider boss is probably pretty worthless to do unless you aced them and they have about 5 sec on the respawner and you can't do anything else. It does way too much damage and by the time you are finished you will have about half HP and a buff that will probably not help you much regardless.

I feel there is no real skill required in this map, just some beefy champs and you are good to go.

I wonder who had the idea of exchanging these 2 maps as the old TT was much more exciting in my opinion and people who don't like dominion will probably not like this either (like myself). I don't want extreme fast paced fapping around capturing ****. I want a real fight like the 5v5 map offers.

I am pretty scared that all the new maps will have some kind of "dynamic omg this is new" element to which will just be boring as hell. The only map we can play is 5v5 now because that is the only one that does not rely on these crappy shrines or totems or health spawners.

Just my opinion and rant. I guess I will not be playing much as I only play this game with 2 of my friends and we liked to 3v3, no we cannot 3v3 because we don't all play the OP champs like lee sin and don't want to play them just because they are OP.

My opinion will probably not matter because all I have seen on this forum is Riot responding to positive comments and not the bad ones, of course, no one wants to see bad comments on something they spent a lot of time on.

tl;dr Dominion sucks, the proving grounds sucks, new TT sucks. This is starting to look like HoN or something stupid like that. My opinion will not be noted by Riot and they will continue to make boring maps like Dominion and new TT.

FDru

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucline View Post
I wonder who had the idea of exchanging these 2 maps as the old TT was much more exciting in my opinion and people who don't like dominion will probably not like this either (like myself). I don't want extreme fast paced fapping around capturing ****. I want a real fight like the 5v5 map offers.
If by "real fight" you mean "20 minutes of passive farming followed by another 20 minutes of waiting for someone to throw the match". Because having one or two teamfights over the course of an hour long game is truly the definition of excitement.

Mich567

11-02-2012

Disagreed...

Airfury

11-02-2012

I fully agree... TT has barely changed at all - Tanky DPS wins + Teemo wins -- Notably some champs can now be MORE competitive in it such as vayne....but Teemo Garen Morde and your unstoppable lol

Brycearoni

11-02-2012

I've played ~100 games on the new TT, and everything is far more balanced I can assure you. Each champ can be played now, and as before, the most viable teamcomp is 1 Tank, 1 AD, and 1 AP. However, in this TT the AP goes top because accessibility to the jungle is unimportant.

L1ghtning

11-03-2012

I do not like the new 3 vs 3 map at all. Ive been forced to switch over to 5vs5 because of it. I dont mind the change but they can at least give us a choice, leave both twisted treelines up or something beacause i loved the old 3 vs 3, it was all i played no joke. Even if you just leave it for custom games only i would love to have that choice. because this new map feels really rushy.

LeprechaunFarmer

11-03-2012

The "new" beta twisted treeline was designed to even it out between classes and make jungling viable, but all they did was shift items and make alters that now also make jungle/assassin type characters overpowered (Rengar is a notable example) and as a result make an overall more boring 3v3 game. Before, even though champs like garen had greater power, they could still be countered effectively with a good ap/ad player, but with the new design due to these alters, the jungle is often where most players are at and the bush leaper burst champs reign over nearly any other character type.

If they do end up keeping this version of the twisted treeline (even though the old version was far more fun in comparison in my opinion, even with the less powerful classes) they should at the very least remove the alters to aid in balancing it slightly for the majority of champions.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If by "real fight" you mean "20 minutes of passive farming followed by another 20 minutes of waiting for someone to throw the match". Because having one or two teamfights over the course of an hour long game is truly the definition of excitement.
wat

5v5er detected.

User555

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It's your choice to play 20 min farming or 20 min killing others...

Fully agreed!!
Sorry Riot but this is just the worest Map of lol and to win this map you just have to pick Lee, singed etc...
I'm afraid how you respond to your players opinions!
We are the people who spend our money for this game, but we wont do this anymore if you replace all the good old maps with others.
So please, please bring the old TT back in the game, and respond to your players!!!

Sky Mence

11-04-2012

I already dislike this map after 4 games on it... you know where its going