FoN and favorite items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

graawrr

11-08-2012

Since before i was level 30 FoN has been my favorite tank item in the game and to this day remains the same. The health regen plus movement speed for sticking power are fun and interesting. The MR wasnt terrible either.

And now they are removing it from the game and splitting it up into 3 different items.... makes me nervous.

Riot i have seen you change alot of good things about the game and make it just... not lol.
Every champion model that you've redone i have just absolutely hated. Individually you may think yes this champion doesnt quite look right, but you've completely forgotten the slight cartoony flair of league that i so love.

look at gp, im only going to say this once. the new model is just absolutely ugly and stupid. the old one had imperfections that made the character more enjoyable.

Beard chest ftw give me a skin with that again.

i guess what im trying to say is dont F this up, like you F up so much else in your game.

im never excited for your remakes, new art or anything, its always just awful. hopefully im not the only person out there who feels this way.

also favorite items and reasons. not necessarily strongest, but your favorite

Irelia Bot

11-08-2012

THe issue was that it was almost to good late game. YOu got a mundo with this warmogs and spirit visage and that mundo would heal and heal and heal while still having room for Randoins and say sunfire making him really hard to kill with his ult going even if you ignited him.

It sounds like thay might be moving stats to other items possibly something like the .35% health regen passive to warmogs and say the 8% MS to sunfire but that 76 MR was a bit much for a single item from what it sounded like.

There will likely be some decent MR item added to take it's place butwe will just have to wait and see what happens.

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

They cleary said they will replace FoN with a similar high end MR item. so before you start QQ threads maybe wait and see what it is.

TealNinje

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
THe issue was that it was almost to good late game. YOu got a mundo with this warmogs and spirit visage and that mundo would heal and heal and heal while still having room for Randoins and say sunfire making him really hard to kill with his ult going even if you ignited him.
Why you'd bother trying to kill that kind of Mundo is beyond me.

His threat level is literally at its lowest at full health. If he hasn't built damage, just leave him as the last enemy to kill; you probably won't even need to kill him anyway, just push beyond him.

Xela Syab

11-08-2012

Xypherious explained this in another post, but im just paraphasing. They are splitting up FoN because it was too niche for what they wanted in a tank item with MS. I hope that Spirit Visage gets an upgrade or change cause it really needs one, never grab it anymore and I'm a Mundo player. I'm expecting an upgrade/change to Sunfire Cape because they've noticed the new jungle tank meta and may make it an early game item then upgrade it. Tanks have really needed a more accessible MS item that AD carries won't grab to stack with PD but each tank is different and needs different defensive stats and items to be effective.

Nea De Penserhir

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
Why you'd bother trying to kill that kind of Mundo is beyond me.

His threat level is literally at its lowest at full health. If he hasn't built damage, just leave him as the last enemy to kill; you probably won't even need to kill him anyway, just push beyond him.
Rylai's / Sunfire Mundeo is a legitimate, aoe-damage slowing machine.

Sambrosia

11-09-2012

Sounds like someone is scared of change. Things don't magically improve, they have to change to do that. The game is definitely better than it has ever been, because it's constantly changing. Get used to it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I've thought for a while that FoN was just...a bit too good for a defense item. It's true that defensively, all it gives is MR, but the scaling with HP and the bonus MS, plus the relatively low cost kinda makes it much more powerful.

I'm excited to see Xypherous change absolutely everything I know about League's items.