What I think the new TT is missing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gobul Gobbler

11-05-2012

I agree with the removal of wards, but it left a hole in the item shop. The ability to create some revealing fog every minute just doesn't equate to what wards do.
My suggestion: Motion sensors. They give no sight, but let out a ping on the map whenever someone/something moves by them. I think this would help to neutralize how strong the stealth champs are without giving too much for so little, as wards do in this particular map.
Anyone else have any thought on this?

Gobul Gobbler

11-05-2012

Gonna break my rule and self bump for once, I want to hear what people think of this.

iReaper

11-05-2012

yay

GMAING

11-06-2012

I have mixed feelings about the removal of wards.

Knegarn

11-06-2012

I'm a mid elo player and I have so far experienced that the new treeline remake has led to even stronger early game bruisers than before. The update was supposed to nerf these champs but I feel (at least on my elo) that this is not the case. Since weaker early game champs have no chance to farm up due to the open playfield and playset of the new treeline. Since you can practically be ganked right under tower without any sight of escape. This has resulted in making fast/blink champs even stronger than before due to the lack of "lane-safety"

This is just my opinion and it is not based ranked games and my games so far are very few. I feel hovever that the changes has not made weaker early game champs any stronger due to the fact that they can't ward or safe "somewhat" safely.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I don't think they should remove stealth (the new items are already a great itemization vs stealth, perhaps too op even). But I like the idea. It lets you know *someone* is there, but doesn't give you the number, nor their health.

A good compromise.

Wards should definitely be back. Their loss takes too much from the game. But this is a creative solution for limiting their power.

Cpt Plakes

11-06-2012

Yeah that's a nice idea dude !

12edruM

11-06-2012

I think this is a good idea

BoyceForte

11-06-2012

bring back wards. make them more expensive to counteract the smaller sized map.
Or make them reveal less area when placed than that of summoners rift.
+1 for the motion detector idea

Gobul Gobbler

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyceForte View Post
bring back wards. make them more expensive to counteract the smaller sized map.
Or make them reveal less area when placed than that of summoners rift.
+1 for the motion detector idea
The problem with cost is that a well placed ward can easily net you 3-4 kills, which is more than say, an early phantom dancer. Obviously, they won't cost nearly as much as a PD, but that's why they'd still be so insanely strong. As for, reducing their sight range, I could see that working. Then you run into the problem of how much is too much, though. Wards don't reveal a massive patch of land, just enough to give you some warning when something is about to go down in SR.
If we shrank the wards, wouldn't we only get a glimpse of who was heading our way? With the smaller area, we definitely wouldn't have enough time to check their health. The only bit of information we'd get out of this that we wouldn't out of motion sensors is who was there. In fact, if it was a stealth champ, having a motion sensor could be an advantage.
Without pink wards, which are pretty expensive early on, you won't see them at all. Motion sensors will at least tell you that someone is there.

TL;DR
Making them more expensive won't help, but reducing their sight range has pros and cons.