Preseason: State of the Game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MangoJohnson

11-05-2012

I'd honestly like to see a prettier, softer summoners rift, even though they did a great job on the visual upgrade in general, I can't remember the date on that, it almost felt like it was to tend to low FPS rather than give real visual appeal

I also feel like the beta of twisted treeline looks immensely better than summoners rift, the textures look softer, the environments are dark where they have to be and uses lighting and shading to the fullest.

The ground may or may not be copied textures but it definitely doesn't look that way everything looks so crisp it makes playing on summoners rift almost underwhelming with the amount of dedication that people can empathize went into the twisted treeline map, it makes summoners rift look uninspired while the other map is so amazingly done, this also goes with dominion.

Here are some other things.

Quote:
- ARAM matchmaking
- More servers around the world, maybe one in Canada (please)

- Honor initiative be looked over, I understand it has had it's effect in reports, etc but most matches I join now are filled with Honorable opponents, I have 62 team-works and 41 Honorable opponents and I have an honorable opponent badge, I got it for the second time today, you can make it so the 4 honors: Friendly, Helpful, Teamwork and Honorable opponent go on each side of the rectangle that shows your name and character choice, maybe with having 2 making your "rectangle" glow a mix of those colors, so teamwork and honorable, let's say teamwork is yellow and honorable opponent is red your "rectangle" can glow orange, but you can only have 2 at a time, being able to drop a title to try and get another one, or have it in like ranks, so whatever your best at makes it glow fully that color, I don't know, just ideas, it could make having honor a thing to actually make people be a certain way in game, to get better rewards, cooler customization for the games hub for better viewing,etc.

- More game modes

I feel the UIs modification can be improved on just a little bit and the ability to change the point of view of your champion would be amazing, I can't bare to play on purple team when I go AD carry or mid, it's only bare-able when I go top, even though I'm successful most of the time while playing AD carry or mid, it still makes me feel like I'm at a disadvantage, maybe like, beside the lock on character option, you can have camera FOV pointers with presets for blue team and purple team for those who have a personal preference, it would allow players who are used to playing co-op vs AI a chance to cope with the fact that they may or may not go to purple in completely different angles in pvp, I only state this because this is what happened to me when I moved from co-op vs AI to PVP, I realize there's problems with this mixing up top and bottom for purple team if this FOV is ever turned, but that's something that could be dealt with by the player as well, notifying players before the match what team they're on would help aid this problem, putting more options in the power of the player, notifying them what they're about to step into and letting them modify it to their own liking would make this game so much better than it already is, I've been playing for over a year and this is my first post to the forums because I felt I could get my points across and listened to, hopefully that happens.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, or 50 dollars if it was unbearable to read, I am happy with what you guys are doing with the game, but here are little things that I think would make it better and more enjoyable for the overall audience of players.

Bloodmonster87

11-05-2012

we need new map and smarter ai

Creeper in a Van

11-05-2012

Nidalee remodel!

treef0rm

11-05-2012

Thanks Riot! Can't wait for the new content and hopefully we'll get to see the less used champions being played more!

RaG nuh RocK

11-05-2012

Just any opportunity to spam us with your stupid nonsensical propoganda... WE SEE ENOUGH ADS IN OUR DAY AS IT IS. GET REAL, AND DO IT FAST.

chili01

11-05-2012

Something needs to be done so champs aren't forced to certain lanes (or Jungle) imo.

Smiling Grief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

in my opinion just the viewpoints or camera angled so that players on purple team don't seem at a disadvantge. persopnally i would like to change the camera angle to a more adaptive way which makes it easier for us to play

kind regards : lowHoMo

Alucard69

11-05-2012

I only have one thing to say to Riot: Make a Champion Whose name Starts With "Q" pls!!!!!!!

Hitsuji

11-05-2012

Only thing im looking forward to is elo reset...

NinjaKitteh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Hopefully they'll introduce a server transfer option so I can transfer my account from NA to EUW. So my account is on the correct server before the season starts.