[Featured Discussion] Flat health heal on hit item. why not?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephen View Post
Here is the lesser known fact about aura, it is not one aura, but two that take effect. Up to two aura's of the same type can take effect. This works with friendly aura's as well. Though if it is percent based the effect is usually multiplicative, not additive.
Might want to get your facts straight before you try telling other people they're wrong.

The exception for auras ONLY applies to friendly auras, and ONLY to the people who are actually holding the item that has the aura.

If you have 2 Aegis of the Legions (two people having one), the two carriers will receive two copies of the aura, while the other 3 members will receive one copy. If you have 5 Aegis of the Legions, one on each member of the team, then every member will have two copies of the aura.

Cygone

11-07-2012

Got a problem with FoN being removed, I play mostly tanks and the single biggest problem we have is trying to deal with the likes of the Akali's and Kats of this world who are an ever growing number (Diana / Zyra / Eve / Fizz / Jax). The AP melee assassins with stupid high burst. We 'tanks' REALLY REALLY liked the MS bonus on FoN because we NEEDED MS to make initiations and to catch runners.

Any one at Riot actually play tanks? do you know how hard it is to actually get a decent amount of MR? You can take, Merc / BV / FoN / Masteries, Scaling Qunits AND Glyphs and still only end up with about 220 MR. And with this you have to combat the 10% Mastery, the 9 flat from reds, the 20 from boots, the 20 from guise, the 40% from Void!!!!!! And lets not forget, AP nukers / assassins literally always get ALL of these sources of MR reduction!

Oh and PS, please fix Sejuani (her CDs are stupidly long. Q at like 15seconds on an ability you level at level 2 and then last !!!)

pantofla

11-07-2012

So they destroy the tanks in S3 ok we get it no more tanks tank are gonna be good only for supports Anti Ap items going down..New items who destroy armor add in the games..Stronger masteries who destroy tanks add in S3 any reason why to play tank in S3? when someone can 2 shoot you? yeah no thanks

RockJockey

11-07-2012

Please stay on topic guys, we were talking about an on-hit item that gives health back, lifesteal and its variants.

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiIon View Post
There are so many champs that would break this item. Cho'gath, Jayce, Nasus, Gp, Yorick, the list goes on.
Actually an item like this would probably be worse on them then life steal. they all scale damage so life steal would be cost effective on them because it would scale.

Flat life on hit would scale on AS so tristana, graves, ww. Characters that scale AS would be the one whom benefit the most.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
3. Movement Speed

The whole paradigm of X class gets a MS item Y is actually starting to show where the faults are. In order to specialize for movement speed, you have to build into a very specific item - which naturally creates this weird power gap where a class that is perfectly catered by item Y gets MS while every other class pays a gold tax of unwanted stats to get the same mobility. This naturally leads to people wanting more MS/X items for a specific class - which seems to suggest that maybe what people actually want is more ubiquitous movement options that don't consume slots rather than a continuous stream of one-off items with MS% randomly on it.

For example, Lich Bane is the AP item with movement speed on it. That kind of screws every AP caster who doesn't want Lich Bane or can't use it well. This leads to this weird case where randomly, some class of characters get faster just because they can use Lich Bane well. While it's nice to have a few items like this - it's probably a sign as a whole that people want to be able to somehow spend more gold to get mobility rather than they want catered items that have MS on the item.
As a person who prefers playing AP champions, the inner speed demon in me thanks you immensely!

XartaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If by uncounterable you mean 'Make less effective' - then yes. Frozen Heart is effectively uncounterable. Frozen Heart may be overpowered - sure. But that's a different discussion from 'Frozen Heart is fundamentally uncounterable.'

Vayne or Kog'maw don't suddenly just dissappear because your team has 2 or 3 Frozen Hearts. It just takes them an extra three seconds to destroy your entire team, as ranged carries are about sustained damage.

Contrast this with ability power mages - whose primary function is to typically provide large amounts of area of effect damage in as short a time frame as possible. High amounts of slot-efficient magic resistance typically tends to be a much harder counter to mages due to the bursty nature of their damage.
Wat, you remove my #1 favorite item from the game, and that's your excuse? Frozen heart will reduce dmg from your AD carry on their ENTIRE team, while FoN will only reduce personal damage taken. Your example of 3 FoN's on a team is also extremely silly, good luck having the damage required on a team where everyone rushes FoN (and if they don't rush it, it's not like void staff doesn't exist). Frozen heart is incredibly more "anti-fun" than FoN, And I don't even play AD-carries. I think I had my first "I want to ragequit now" experience :/

~Sincerely VERY disappointed 1500 player

UdonBullets

11-09-2012

My life is over. At least until I see what the alternatives to FoN are. It was one of my favourite items. Its an item that everyone can benefit from, in the right situations.

Soulkius

11-09-2012

@Xypherous

Will there be a replacement tank item that would provide the movement speed bonus FON does.
As a tank you kinda have to be in the front lines, and as a tank/support you have to be running around warding, and I really hope that there will be some options to retain the mobility it provided in tanks without getting boots of enhanced mobility

Krakinia

12-04-2012

Im a big Dominion player ( I play classic 1-4 times a year), so seeing the removal of FoN is a big deal cause its my go to tank item for dom vs. a balanced team or AP heavy team.

Seeing as the stats were given to Warmogs, and nature visage just isnt a good item for my Leona Dom build, will we maybe be seeing Warmogs in Dom, or will I have to fill that spot with two Tier 2 items to make up for it?