Perhaps a more advanced solo queue system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VVhite Kirby

10-29-2012

I'm going to start out saying I am not level 30 and I don't have an ELO ranking. I do however play Draft mode to get into the gist of the banning system.

The one thing I dislike is the fact that people will be jackasses with their lane selection. I know the meta, and I call my lane, in my case I almost always play top lane. Not soon afterwards, someone who is lower than me on the selection claims to have called top before me, and says he will go top no matter what.

If I continue to select my champion and lock in, they will either pick a troll pick and feed.. all game... or, the latter; they will pick their champion for the lane I had went in and play as if there is nothing different, which destroys the team comp and makes the game annoying to play.

My idea is that you select the role you would want to play (top,mid,support,adc,jungle) and it would put you in a game so that every role is filled and there is no arguing on who plays what.

For people that, for some reason, do not want to play the meta for a comp, they can deselect the option and search. Blind would not be changed, on the assumption that if you still play blind you don't know what the meta is and are still attempting to understand the game, which is completely fine.

What do you think about this?

datboiii

10-30-2012

i had the same idea.. the only offside i could think of would be finding matching elo players, probably always having a jungler when sometimes people duo top i guess. char select would still be open so people could change roles or something if needed. other than that it seems like a great addition for a new game-type. seems like players who care about team comp could find each other easier.

Xalbus

11-01-2012

I was just thinking of this now too and decided to come to see if anyone had already suggested it. So many times I've gotten into games where multiple people try to call the same lane, and someone ends up being an idiot about it.

If we could select a position before we queue and it just matched people up, I think it would make things much easier and stop a lot of unnecessary arguing before the match even begins.

buukstabu

11-05-2012

I have the same thought. I'm sick of fighting over lanes with stupid kids who only feed once they get in-game. It causes so much drama before the game even starts, and it gets old taking a half-hour timeout just because I refuse to play with kids who only play one role.

Tahngarthor

11-05-2012

Quote:
on the assumption that if you still play blind you don't know what the meta is and are still attempting to understand the game, which is completely fine.
That's a poor assumption. I play blind because I understand the meta and dislike it. the whole concept of taking turns picking and then the next person counterpicking what you picked- I just don't like it. I can play it and I understand why it has its place in competitive play, but I'd rather both teams be suprised by the other team's picks. the absolute only downside to blind pick IMO is the possibility of duplicate champs.