Need help deciding on a christmas Gift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohana Sushi

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatxGuy1337 View Post
Originally this was supposed to be an option a or option b thing. Now this thread is full of hate.
Pendant.

Seihan

11-05-2012

I think people should get off the idea that there are certain calendar days each year when we have to buy a material gift for everyone we know or love, and instead pay more attention to daily life to find opportunity to use our resources for gifting others in a more meaningful way.

Just this last month I had a buddy pick me up while my truck was getting worked on, when he stopped at a gas station to grab a drink I spent $40 and filled up his tank which he didn't expect. My brother just moved into a new apartment and when I went to go visit him there for the first time, I gave him a $100 gift card to Home Depot. I love these people and they know it, but I'm not buying any of them a 'Christmas gift' and I expect none from them.

All a Christmas gift says is 'hey, it's Christmas, so I had to buy you this thing in order to feel good about myself, even if you don't want or need it'.

MadLock

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Get the pendant, it goes with a lot of different outfits and is easy for her to wear. She doesn't have to worry about cleaning it like earrings and it is easy for her to see on a daily basis and hold it for that tactile response, when thinking of you.

This is simply my observation after having bought a ridiculous amount of jewelry for my wife and daughter.
Thank you. This is incredibly helpful. I am a simple person, all I use is a watch. Thus I am not the source on maintence for most jewelry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihan View Post
Your text here
Normally I would agree with you. But I am only able to see my girlfriend 1 week a year. This is the downside of a long distance relationship.