Champion Auditions - Elise the Spider Queen

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-21-2012

These Auditions will be run using the guidelines set forth HERE. If you are auditioning for Elise, please read them and understand what you're getting yourself into.

PLEASE DO NOT EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING UNTIL YOU HAVE A SMURF!!

This will protect your identity to keep things equal and devoid of favoritism.

Welcome to the Elise Champion Auditions!

This thread should be self-explanatory, but for those of you who are new to the process, let me break it down. First, please start by reading the guidelines linked above. That will help explain the process a little better. Assuming you've already done that, I'll cut to the chase. This is where the magic will happen. "Smurf" accounts that want to have a chance to portray Elise will post in this thread, announcing their intent to compete. They will then be listed in the main post here.

Once we have a list of the candidates, we will go about the audition, voting, and judging process. Rather than cluttering the forums with multiple threads, the gathering of applicants will be done in this thread, as well as the submissions. When we're sure we have all the applicants, the process of submissions can begin. For ease, please post all Questions/tasks together in a single post for your audition if possible. This will make it much easier to keep track of all the submissions. As they come in, we'll attempt to link them next to the names of the applicants for easy access.

The questions and tasks for the auditions can be seen below, so prospective applicants can get their creative juices flowing or even start working on their submissions before they can submit them. However, please don't submit early. The status of the auditions will be updated as time goes along, so check back now and again to see how we're progressing!

****** CURRENT STATUS: ACCEPTING WRITINGS ******

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Questions/Tasks:

1) Traditionally, "League Judgments" were asked to be created for a champion. However, while entertaining to a degree, they lack the true weight of the actual situation. Your main task is to write out Elise's origin. We know she worships the "Spider God" (who we can assume is actually Vilemaw the Spider from the new Twisted Treeline remake), but how did she come to worship him? This is your chance to build your idea of Elise into the character you will be portraying for all to see. As long as she arrives at the destination of her current Riot Lore, feel free to develop her as a character. When did she first meet Vilemaw? How did she become his "Queen"? When did she decide to shed her human form and become one with her inner spider, so to speak? This is a prime opportunity to allow her to drip with artistic flavor and depth. Show us YOUR Elise that you will portray on the forums as a character!

2) Next, imagine our friend Ram Steed, now working as an independent journalist since the collapse of the Journal of Justice, has braved the web of the Spider Queen to gain some information about who she is, so he can bring the truth of things to the public eye. Express your views (In character and in Interview Format!) on Hecarim, Mordekaiser, and Evelynn. However, Ram Steed has also decided to ask Elise about a "Fourth Champion." As the RPer, it is your job to choose this 4th Champion. Your reasoning for this choice should be contained in a small explanation below this part of the submission. Think about how her speaking about this champion could reveal something about her as a character. This is yet another chance to surprise us with your insight into the mind of Elise, and who she is.

Bonus: This, once again, won't be about Elise's Breakfast of Champions. Unlike with Kha'zix, where we had applicants explain what he would do in an average day, we will pretend this is the end of Elise's "League Judgment." The summoner is asking her "Why do you want to join the League, Elise?" In a short bit of role playing, have Elise answer the question based upon your idea of her as a character. This will show us a little more about what you think her motivations are. Now, this is a bonus question, but I would suggest going through the difficulty to prepare it. After all, the more material the community has, and we have as judges, the more accurately they can vote for their opinion of most accurate portrayal. So, the more the better!

Your Panel of Judges:
Ryugi Kazamaru "Kaz"
Iron Ambássador
SandscourgeSkarn

In the case a Judge cannot fulfill their duties, "AskKarthus" will step in as a tertiary or replacement Judge.

Participants:
Ask the Spider
Ask Elise
AskÉlise
Ask Ęlise
(pay attention to the names carefully guys.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

SandscourgeSkarn

10-21-2012

More waiting.

Good times.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Questions/Tasks:

1) Traditionally, "League Judgments" were asked to be created for a champion. However, while entertaining to a degree, they lack the true weight of the actual situation. Your main task is to write out Elise's origin. We know she worships the "Spider God" (who we can assume is actually Vilemaw the Spider from the new Twisted Treeline remake), but how did she come to worship him? This is your chance to build your idea of Elise into the character you will be portraying for all to see. As long as she arrives at the destination of her current Riot Lore, feel free to develop her as a character. When did she first meet Vilemaw? How did she become his "Queen"? When did she decide to shed her human form and become one with her inner spider, so to speak? This is a prime opportunity to allow her to drip with artistic flavor and depth. Show us YOUR Elise that you will portray on the forums as a character!

I only have one question. How do you know it is worship for the spider? It could easily be that she somewhat tamed it and uses it to feed her apparent immortality. Its venom does act like a drug of some kind and thus my assumption..

Emperor Titus

10-21-2012

The lore is Elise's behavior, in my opinion, best resembles the False Prophet from the Book of Revelation. I know it's crazy but she basically a heretic. She leads people to her doom despite words of salvation and stuff like that. She is cunning, she is supposed to be nice, and when she shows her true form, she becomes beastly.

Or Elise's behavior and personality would be like Catherine Transk/Kathy Ames from John Steinback's East of Eden. Kate uses her sadistic masochism to her own advantage. I think whoever will be roleplaying as Elise should know the characters of Kathy and/or the biblical False Prophet and apply it to here.

benjimenfire

10-21-2012

I am going to say this I think that she should be kinda like eve exotic and sexy but evil very very evil
ps yoshi your a christian too!??!?!?

Emperor Titus

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjimenfire View Post
I am going to say this I think that she should be kinda like eve exotic and sexy but evil very very evil
ps yoshi your a christian too!??!?!?
Technically over 75 percent of Americans (according to a 2007 census) are Christian and I am one. lol

But he's right. Sexy and very evil and I have to relate her to Kathy Ames because she has those attributes.

benjimenfire

10-21-2012

Let's stop talking about this it is ruining the thread but yeah in 2007

Emperor Titus

10-21-2012

So anyone willing to volunteer? (I'm not! I like my OC.)

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

What I meant to ask is, is it true worship or manipulation of poor people to feed her addiction?

I wouldn't force that assumption on those competing. Let them make their own answer to that.

Ask the Spider

10-21-2012

Well I would... But I can't.

1234511 ... 12