Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should you really get IE on Zed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calamari Juice

11-05-2012

Everyone has been getting IEs on Zed just because they feel like he should share the same build as Talon, but the only reason you get IE on Talon is because he can benefit from the passive from his Q. Does Zed have any skills that can benefit from the passive?

KchaosZ

11-05-2012

I havent tried to put IE on zed due to his lack of auto attacking... i find that last whisper,brutelizer,cleaver is a GREAT combo along with BT... Try it out is all i can say and see if it works for you... everyone has their own builds that work out for them.

Wards win games

11-05-2012

In my testing no; His abilities can not crit; and he has very low reliance on auto attacks.

CynicalGiant

11-05-2012

Quote:
KchaosZ:
I havent tried to put IE on zed due to his lack of auto attacking... i find that last whisper,brutelizer,cleaver is a GREAT combo along with BT... Try it out is all i can say and see if it works for you... everyone has their own builds that work out for them.

I don't understand the thought process behind getting 45 armor shred potentially with cleaver, 15 flat armor pen with Brutalizer and then 40% armor pen with LW. Seems like a giant waste of money.

Komeiji Koishi

11-05-2012

In serious play, you don't want to have IE on Zed or Talon; most of the time they autoattack once (in Talon's case with Q AA reset) and continue with their combo. Critting is less important than, say, CDR (Ghostblade) allowing them to spam their combos quicker.

KchaosZ

11-05-2012

Quote:
RadioAaron:
I don't understand the thought process behind getting 45 armor shred potentially with cleaver, 15 flat armor pen with Brutalizer and then 40% armor pen with LW. Seems like a giant waste of money.

I see your point on the waste money thing... i get cleaver for the rest of the team to do more dmg and the other 2 items work very well... It works well FROM what i have tested and i usually sell the brutalizer when im ready to buy my 6th and final item... Therefor the cleaver still works great

Wards win games

11-05-2012

Quote:
KchaosZ:
I see your point on the waste money thing... i get cleaver for the rest of the team to do more dmg and the other 2 items work very well... It works well FROM what i have tested and i usually sell the brutalizer when im ready to buy my 6th and final item... Therefor the cleaver still works great

I would recommend omitting the last whisper then. You probably aren't aware of how Armor penetration works currently; so I will explain as breifly as possible.

Flat Armor pen; is calculated BEFORE % armor pen. It's that simple.
Alot of people don't realize why this matters; so some basic math.
Flat armor reduction
Percentage armor reduction
Flat armor penetration
Percentage armor penetration
Lets say I have 20 FLAT Armor penetration, and last whisper (40% armor penetration). My enemy has 100 armor.

The game currently takes the flat off first; so 100-20=80, before calculating the %. 80-40%(32)= 48.

If it were the other way around: (Percent before flat)
100-40%= 60 60-20=40.

The more you reduce your targets armor with flat armor pen(Brutilizer) and flat armor reduction (Black cleaver) the less beneficial your Last whisper's % becomes. It's not only a waste of money; but it's BARELY taking down a targets armor anymore (Unless they are stacking armor)

There is talk that this is changing for season 3, but I am unsure if it was for ArP/Magic Pen/ or both.

forcemblem

11-05-2012

boots, bruta (early game), BT, Aegis,trinity fork, LW (end game), GA
pure damage + tankiness to take hits when you ult in.

Arc insanity

11-05-2012

you guys are all crazy, i get:
Ionian boots
BF sword
Last Whisper
BF Sword
BF Sword
BF Sword

maybe make one into a bloodthirster if u need some life steal, probably not tho.

MrVandalous

11-05-2012

Quote:
Arc insanity:
you guys are all crazy, i get:
Ionian boots
BF sword
Last Whisper
BF Sword
BF Sword
BF Sword

maybe make one into a bloodthirster if u need some life steal, probably not tho.

Merc treads, BT, BT, BT, LW, IE >> win game