I have my new PC setup, thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I just came up with a new computer setup, thoughts/suggestions?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mphM (updated again)

edit:

wow alright, so here's what happened.. <_<

i went to Microbytes or whatever that store is, gave them the list of the parts i wanted, and they said they didn't have the i5 intel 2500k, so they're gonna hook me up with an i5 intel 3550, but i'm not exactly sure which is better. the GTX660 is $100 off so i'll be getting that card instead of the GTX660 ti or GTX570. they said it would take a whole week to build, but when i went to pay for the 10% deposit, i found out that my debit card was broken so i'm gonna have to go back next week when i have time, meaning i'm only gonna have this bad boy in 2 weeks... if i figure out what the hell is wrong with my debit card.

the whole thing comes out to $1,009.70 (including W7 home premium 64bit) without the SSD (idk why he didn't set me up with one, just realized) plus a whopping $150 for tax (gotta love montreal).

mad/10

bobofred

11-03-2012

go with the i5- 2500k the only advantage the i7-2600 has is hyperthreading and you wont even use that at all while playing any games ever. also the 2500k is really easy to overclock so if you feel for some reason that it's not good enough already then you can give yourself a nice boost. but yeah 100$ cheaper.

also the asrcok extreme 3 gen 3 motherboard is cheaper and still a good motherboard. will save you a lot of money.

Also i suggest to go with a nvidia card of the same tier they're also cheaper and outpreform slightly. i myself went with the 7970 and the drivers for the 7xxx series are still not nice also if you ever want to stream they also have problems with xplit.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofred View Post
go with the i5- 2500k the only advantage the i7-2600 has is hyperthreading and you wont even use that at all while playing any games ever. also the 2500k is really easy to overclock so if you feel for some reason that it's not good enough already then you can give yourself a nice boost. but yeah 100$ cheaper.
yeah my friend told me that as well lol, so I'll go with an i5 then even though I don't plan on overclocking (not even sure what the real benefits are of overclocking). He also said that I shouldn't get that video card because they have terrible driver support, but the card is way up there in the rankings.

bobofred

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
(not even sure what the real benefits are of overclocking). .
well they're so fast as it is even with overclocking you wont notice much of a difference unless maybe while streaming in like super duper HD. liek way higher than most streamers.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I don't see any nvidia cards on that site strangely enough..

edit: nvm unless geforce is the same thing?

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

Gonna go with the GeForce GTX 570

MKJoker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Get an SSD, will make load timers faster (not like it'll make everyone else faster though ><)

Otherwise, the set up is great. Also, GeForce is Nvidia.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJoker View Post
Get a SSD, will make load timers faster
Do I get an SSD alone, or the internal hard drive as well?

MKJoker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
Do I get an SSD alone, or the internal hard drive as well?
Well, seeing how cheap the Hard Drive is, you can useally have 2 storage devices on a Desktop. Your choice, they both work the same way, the SSD is just faster than the Hard Drive is.

The Mother Board comes with enough room to support both.

Neko tan