An idea for pre-game champion selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xenicae

02-26-2013

First of all, I apologise if I am posting in the wrong area, but this is my first post and I thought I'd share my idea with you guys.

I've been playing LoL for a couple of months now, and I must say I'm really enjoying it.

I've come to notice that the pre-game is a crucial part to playing a solid game.
It is an opportunity for the team to communicate and flesh out strategies etc.
I cant count the ammount of games I've played, where people don't talk in pre-game, or people nominate lanes, only for the lane nominations to be re-assigned at the start of the game, which is extremely annoying. Especially when you have players bickering about which lane they want to play.

I have devised a simple idea that might help these kinds of situations.

What if, at the champ selection screen, beside your selected champ is an icon, with various parts, representing the map lanes. Each player would click the lane they'd like to nominate, so the other players can get a clear idea of everyone's intentions.

Maybe this could be a mandatory task which would need to be done in order to start the game before the countdown ends?

I have created a simple example gif containing visuals of my idea Here.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.

Cheers guys, happy gaming!

Mageinta Warrior

02-26-2013

It's no different than people just going where they want anyway.

angryWelchMan

02-26-2013

Yeah most people dont have a probleum saying what lane they want in champ select

Nakawaka

02-26-2013

I'd think it's better to give you an option to "code" your profile into what lane(s) you do; for example, if you assign yourself as jungle and/or top, then you have a likelier percentage to partner with people who do mid and bot. You don't always get what you want because it's lottery base but it can reduce the amount of bickering especially in draft pick.

Johnsy2

02-26-2013

The best idea i would say would be to follow WoW's LFG que system. You que up and pick what you want to be. In LoL for example you would hit play a screen would pop up with check box's say [] Support, []ADC, [] jungler, []top, []mid. and so on. Sure it might make the wait to get into a ranked game a little longer but everyone will be happy and the amount of dodgers would go WAY down.

EventHorizonn

02-26-2013

People have been suggesting this for as long as I can remember. I think it's a wonderful idea, now we just have to get Riot to notice us.

Shamble

angryWelchMan

02-26-2013

First of all reds don't read or post in the SR forums. Secondly even if they did all those threads just end with the idea being a bad one so there's no reason for riot to acknowledge them.

Also im trying to understand my other comment being downvoted

Johnsy2

02-26-2013

Grammer maybe ? haha