Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Turrets should do % of max health as damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nebnos

11-05-2012

I honestly think turrets should do percentage damage, or some type of true damage, or SOMETHING to take bruisers down. Turrrets are just unreliable. I went against a nunu and all he got was a frozen heart(with the exception of boots a dorans and aegious) and would tank the tower for days while their jax would solo the tower or slay us or BOTH.

PewPoPew12

11-05-2012

towers do more damage the more time they hit you

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-05-2012

Haha. I just recall how just an enemy kata without any def items tanked the nexus tower for like 5 seconds without troubles. Buff them pls!

React Rejectz

11-05-2012

I love the idea and it might fix the problem but it would have to be more advanced for example if you just switch them to %Dmg, Say 10% Per Hit? That means any character in the game can only take 10 hits, so the tanky bruisers who have 3k health and 200 armour would take 300 Per hit no matter what and the squishys with loads of damage with 1k health and 50 armour would take 100 per hit, either way both could take 10 hits making it incredibly easy to tank turrets saying a squishy can usually kill a turret in 12 seconds or so.

Dargorus

11-05-2012

I think maybe do something like "it deals X% of damage if the normal turret attack is lower than the % it would deal" with this you make the bruisers have more damage, and you don't have a teemo receiving 4 turret's attack and not dying, just like the comment above me said .

Facetious Tomato

11-06-2012

In order to make it so that tanks can still take more hits than squishies without being overpowered, make the growth damage true damage % of max life, and the base damage physical (as now).

So
1st= 100 damage (or whatever it currently is)
2nd = 100 damage + 1 % of max life
3rd = 100 damage + 2% of max life

etc etc

That way really only multiple hits will ruin people.

Taarki

Recruiter

11-06-2012

It should scale higher as the game goes on... like if it started at 200 damage/**** which is a 3k ho for most level 1s then at say 20 minutes when most people are like 13+ it should do mabye 300-400 damage

Skury420

11-06-2012

but that effects the minions as well, it wo9uldnt be 2 turret shots then last hit for a melee and 1 turret shot then last hit for a caster, come mid game.

BoyceForte

11-06-2012

an idea: perhaps consider a constant global buff such as the one in dominion aiming buffs at the less viable squishier champs. How to go about that would be up to riot of course.

I too noticed that, after 30 some games of the new TT, bruisers and tanks shine a little too brightly.