Watch the #1 Nasus lose! (BeefJerkyHunter stream/videos)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiebrownjuice View Post
I played a lot of Nasus bot last summer after doing some mental theorycrafting at work and was able to effectively take on Urgots and stand against Yoricks. Then I saw this thread a week or two ago and it rekindled my fire for the UnderDog. I never thought to use crit reds instead of A.Pen reds and quints, but it's boosted my damage and sustain vastly (your vids landing Q crits at level 4 had me rolling XD )

I'm not a big fan of Triforce, thoug, so I've been using a work-around from what I've seen you build. To supplement the MS, what I like to do is take Boots 3 and Ghost as I find it better suited for ganks, both causing and avoiding. Also, building Sheen into Glacial with Furor Boots are pretty neato for lockdowns. For crits, I like building into Atma's at some point; rarely, if armor is either covered enough through Glacial/Fist or a moot point given the enemy line up, I like to go into Ghostblade.

Few questions:

-Is the gold gain through an early Avarice Blade noticeable to you? It seems like a great buy, what with the increase in damage (and lifesteal) and the odd coin, but I'm hesitant.

-I like to capitalize on his Lifesteal capabilities by building Visage and a Vamp Scepter to upgrade later. Although the CDR from Visage (and Glacial/Fist if built) is nice, do you think that's playing too defensively? As in, have you found that all you really need a Triforce and an A.Pen item mid-late game?

-Do you feel the need to take a few extra early ranks in Wither if laned against an A.SPD champ (Vayne, so forth) before Q or E? If so, how much?

Keep up the great Gameplay!
Oh herro.....
Your build is definitely interesting, I just haven't bothered experimenting beyond the Trinity Force so I can't comment.
Then to answer your other questions...
  1. Gold gain through Avarice blade is only noticeable if you're completely rolling your lane over. Otherwise I find it difficult to get the farm with it. The only times when I build an Avarice Blade is when there is a heavy healing enemy (to later build Executioner's Calling), but I find it difficult starting with Avarice Blade. If possible, I'd like to get a Phage or Sheen first.
  2. Spirit Visage is a great item if you need the cooldown and magic resist. I personally do not know if its healing increase via lifesteal is significant. If you really just want more health from lifesteal I think that just building a vampiric scepter item is better. Zeke's Herald is alright if you need the AD, cooldowns, health and lifesteal. But one thing I will note is that Sanguine Blade costs only 300 more gold than Zeke's Herald...
  3. Going off the same bullet point, you're not playing too defensively at all. Nasus is fortunate in that he can build tank items and still deal a good amount of damage.
  4. I usually do level up Wither more on impulse against attack speed dependent champions. Thinking about it, you should see if the opponent is even building attack speed right away and then consider leveling up wither.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-08-2013

Welp, time to lose.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-15-2013

Le spam.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-16-2013

more spam.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-28-2013

bump

BeefJerkyHunter

03-29-2013

spam

Volandum

03-29-2013

Want to try streaming tomorrow night's tournament?

BeefJerkyHunter

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Want to try streaming tomorrow night's tournament?
I have free time tomorrow, maybe. But I don't have any of the cool things like the DD streamers have. I don't know how to use overlays to cover things up, etc. etc.
I use FFsplit, I don't know if it's at all inferior to Xsplit, or some other paid streaming service. But if it of the same quality, I do not know how to use it to the fullest extent.
Also, I am not good at commentating or following the cameras. Well, I've never had practice with them so I might as well say that I just have no experience.

Volandum

03-30-2013

Well we can talk about it in game if you want to add me.

BeefJerkyHunter

04-16-2013

Just bumping to show that there's an April playlist.