The Tribunal Backlog: Unfair?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swerto

11-05-2012

EDIT: TL;DR Punished for crime that predates first ban less than two days after first ban expires. Why backlog why? I am not complaining I got banned for stupid reasons - I know I deserved my ban. But I was banned for somthing, and immediately banned again without committing a second crime.

Hey there, I've been a LoL player since before the Vayne patch, so not the longest but I've been playing a long time. In that time period I've taken a few breaks, one due to obligations with the Navy, and another to cool my head. But over this enire tim, I've played More LoL than any other game that has came out in the past two years. I can say without a doubt it is my favorite game. How much money I've spent on it is irrelevant.

In all this time, I have been at the very least, competitive. I always try to win, and I tend to get annoyed when my team is losing for reasons they shouldn't. I don't handle it in the best of ways, but I'd hardly call it 'Toxic". But over the course of this time, I've had little reason to believe I was creeping up the tribunal case ladder.

A week ago, however, I suddenly received my first banning. The tribunal case can be found here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5837318/

See, I distinctly remember all three of those games, because they were in no way fun for me, granted the two where I played support are my typical ranked games when I play support to 'fill in". I looked through them and found yes, I was being a bit counter productive, so sure reported. I understand, kay enough people voted so I got a suspension.

Okay cool, three day suspension, guess that means I need to shape up. I guess I'll start to take a look at how I'm acting and maybe be a bit more constr- oh wait, I'm unbanned for less than 48 hours and receive another ban.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5867279/

I open it up, confused because for the last few days I've been playing exclusively with friends, and I know that my attitude only shows up in games when I'm playing with randoms. So how could I Have done anything in the past day and a half that would earn me another ban?

Oh, I remember this game. It was two days before my first suspension. Why am I being suspended for something that happened before my first suspension when I was already punished for that?

THe tribunal backlog.

Once again it strikes.

So I ask riot, how is this backlog fair? Especially for those who have already received a punishment for an action? Why is there no system that says "Hey, you've been punished, all cases right now that have to do with you will be cleared, you will just have a higher priority for future cases for a time." You know, to prevent stuff like this. Because I was really just suspended again less than 48 hours after my first one ended.

I don't know, maybe some of you have been hit by multiple suspensions in a row? Isn't there a limit to these before you get perma banned? Because if there is, that'd kind of annoy me if I keep getting punished for the backlog until that comes, especially considering the time and money I've put into this account. I'd hardly consider my attitude warranting a perma-ban.

I dunno, just feels like I'm being lumped in with trolls, griefers, afkers, leavers, cheaters, and racially offensive idiots. Sure, I may flame a bit when I get annoyed at the game, but I never ragequit. I never afk. I always stick it out until the end, whether it be a surrender or a bitter defeat at the nexus, I play until the end.

Dhakka

11-05-2012

TL;DR Version?

Also Bump.

Elanorien

11-11-2012

I haven't read your reform cards, and as you're not asking for opinions on them, I probably won't, it may jade my opinion, lol

Anyway, I just want to say you are the first person bringing this point up who has done so in a polite and non-offensive fashion, so kudos for that. I can't say I've generally given this issue much thought, because usually when they complain about it their subject/first post are terribly rude, insulting, condescending and self-righteous, and I can't help but have my attitude and reaction influenced by that, lol.

Anyway, to sum up the rambling, I would actually be intrigued to see what Red or a more informed poster could say about this.

Swerto

11-12-2012

Would love a red post, my ticket's gone two weeks without a response.

Infernal Tiger

11-12-2012

After reading and reviewing the cases i can only find that they were well deserved and not knowing the 'truth' about when each game happened and in what order i always assume the OP is lying about such things.
Your behavior in game is toxic and helps no one.
( No offence to you by saying i assume your a liar because i trust no one unless i can see the facts myself.)

Swerto

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmWolf View Post
After reading and reviewing the cases i can only find that they were well deserved and not knowing the 'truth' about when each game happened and in what order i always assume the OP is lying about such things.
Your behavior in game is toxic and helps no one.
( No offence to you by saying i assume your a liar because i trust no one unless i can see the facts myself.)
Dates don't show on cases, so I guess you're just going to have to take my word unless a red shows up.

Infernal Tiger

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerto View Post
Dates don't show on cases, so I guess you're just going to have to take my word unless a red shows up.
And that's something i can't do hopefully a red does show up and provide some insight into this case.

Swerto

11-13-2012

Ribcage responded to the ticket... but didn't answer the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribcage
Greetings Swerto2,

I have reviewed your account and our records indicate that you recently had a case in the Tribunal. Due to actions made on the Fields of Justice, this account has been warned or suspended by The Tribunal which means your Honor has been reset. An email was sent to the email address associated with your account regarding this Tribunal case.

To see your Tribunal case, please visit the following link (please note that this link expires three weeks from the date it was originally generated.):

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5867279

You have the power to prevent future suspensions by working to be a positive force in-game with your fellow Summoners. If you feel unsure as to what sort of behavior is appropriate, please consult the Summoner's Code and our Knowledge Base article on reporting players, both of which I have linked below.

Since the action against your account is temporary, it gives you the opportunity to change your behavior in games going forward. We prefer to give players the chance to improve rather than permanently ban an account through which much time has been spent and much effort has been made. You should heed this warning, however, because suspensions will increase in length if you do not improve your behavior and are brought before the Tribunal again. Further negative behavior in-game can culminate in your account being permanently banned from League of Legends.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. You can learn more about the Tribunal and here:

The Summoner's Code: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

Report-a-Player: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...rting-a-player

Tribunal FAQ: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...2-tribunal-faq

Tribunal Honor System FAQ: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...nor-system-faq

BillyTheAttorney

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerto View Post
If your support ticket has gone awhile without a response, I support you trying to get an explanation. The cases are toxic (in my opinion) but - if they genuinely pre-date a previous punishment then they should have been accounted for and not included in the current one.

I wouldn't even accuse you of lying about this. I know that sometimes it's hard for us to remember "who said what when" and the exact dates. So I believe you that you believe these cases pre-date a last ban (whether you are mistaken or not is not for me to say) and I hope you get a red to clear it up. So bump for attention.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

Good question - bumps.