How ridiculous Riot is.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infernal117

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
WHy do you care if hotshot gets all this stuff?

does this help you?

A pro player is going to be playing a LOT anyways...big ****in deal if they get free ip, it's not like they need it after a few weeks.

Free RP? That's just riot not gaining money from them....big deal.
Hotshot did a lot for the community with his stream, while this arrogant scrub was only talking about how pro he is and yet he gets everything for free, Hotshot gets nothing.

Scarlena

10-04-2010

Just wondering, how do you know all this?

TechpriestJadoko

10-04-2010

I think everyone else cares because...we don't get all the champions free. We have to pay for all of them.

And even if we gave hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to them, we won't get any recognition.

Welcome to "Pros b4 Bros".

infernal117

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlena View Post
Just wondering, how do you know all this?
Just check his thread. You also see on his stream that he got 400k IP and 400k RP at level 3.

MrZann

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
u mad bro?

Cause when you get good at something and devote your living to it, you deserve it. A master mechanic that has 20 plus years of experience isn't going to start in the same position at a company as some newbie with 6 months of experience...
That's horrid logic first of all.

Secondly, does the line stop at HoN/DotA players? I was a top level competitive FPS gamer a few years ago, does that entitle me to free unlocks?

Third, getting to be a "top player in LoL" isn't hard if you're given a massive advantage and get carried.

Fourthly, why didn't Another Story get this sort of treatment for WCG?

timbalatHobnaker

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
WHy do you care if hotshot gets all this stuff?

does this help you?

A pro player is going to be playing a LOT anyways...big ****in deal if they get free ip, it's not like they need it after a few weeks.

Free RP? That's just riot not gaining money from them....big deal.
I have over 1100 games played, and I don't have anywhere NEAR everything unlocked in this game. It takes way more than "a few weeks" to get everything.

I think it's dumb what Riot did. Giving him every champion? Sure, whatever, doesn't affect anything. But giving him 400k+ RP and every skin in the game is a little over the top.

Scarlena

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernal117 View Post
Just check his thread. You also see on his stream that he got 400k IP and 400k RP at level 3.
I read his OP and I didn't see anything about it. If that's true, that's effing ridiculous. I was just wondering the source.

Belanova

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
u mad bro?

Cause when you get good at something and devote your living to it, you deserve it. A master mechanic that has 20 plus years of experience isn't going to start in the same position at a company as some newbie with 6 months of experience...
Bad analogy.

This is more along the lines of...A EPL star coming to the MLS, and getting a bigger bonus, contract, and even taking a jersey from an already existing teammate, all for free, without ever even playing a single game in that league.

Its entertainment, not a job. A mechanic performs a service, and better service calls for more money. No matter how good you are at this game, it will never be a service to the community. Just like sports and recreation.

Dallmar

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashed View Post
Giving him free IP and RP costs Riot nothing, yet they get free advertisement from it to other gaming communities such as HoN. While I don't agree with it, I can see why they did it.
wow.. someone gets it

and he knows certain LoL employees

Lulwy

10-04-2010

It'd be like giving me a job at Riot because I was a "famous" mapmaker on WC3 and a worlds level player in one CCG.

Maybe not exactly like it but the principle is the same. I can't say I approve of Milkfat being given everything solely because he's got some name recognition.