Milkfat will become the number one player in 90 days.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Délusional

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe Knife View Post
...do you not see the flaw in this statement, not to mention the flaw in your post? All of the top players already have all of the content they need. Even with everything accessible, I seriously doubt more than a handful of people could break into the top 100 from where they are now (assuming you aren't top 200 already). That said, getting a 5 mile headstart would only give you an advantage in a race, not in a measure of how fast you run. 90 Days to become the best in a game as popular in LoL is a huge undertaking. Even if he has the tools of the top 100, he does not have the LoL-specific knowledge and experience that they do.
You've got to be ******ed? DoTA and HoN are almost the same exact gameplay, with unique differences.

He IS getting a 5 mile head start, WHICH DOESN'T MEASURE HOW GOOD HE IS, JUST GIVES HIM AN ADVANTAGE IN THE 90 DAY RACE. HURR DURR

LotionExplosion

10-05-2010

He should also solo queue his way up to rank #1 too.

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalESG View Post
You've got to be ******ed? DoTA and HoN are almost the same exact gameplay, with unique differences.

He IS getting a 5 mile head start, WHICH DOESN'T MEASURE HOW GOOD HE IS, JUST GIVES HIM AN ADVANTAGE IN THE 90 DAY RACE. HURR DURR
Because other people have gotten to #1 in 90 days? Who exactly is he racing? hurr durr?
I don't see why you care so much, or why anyone cares so much. You probably won't ever see him in a game. And if you do, even if he uses a relatively weak hero, you'll just complain his runes overpowered you. If he makes it to #1, will you really say that he wouldn't have made it there without RIOT giving him said resources?

lZN5nmfDBTc1bgRT

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
He should also solo queue his way up to rank #1 too.
SOLO RANKED ONLY. else there'd be no skill involved.

Délusional

10-05-2010

Quote:
Because other people have gotten to #1 in 90 days? Who exactly is he racing? hurr durr?
I don't see why you care so much, or why anyone cares so much. You probably won't ever see him in a game. And if you do, even if he uses a relatively weak hero, you'll just complain his runes overpowered you. If he makes it to #1, will you really say that he wouldn't have made it there without RIOT giving him said resources?
I'm saying he won't make it in his 90 quota without this huge ****ing headstart.

I don't even care about them giving him all the ****, but he's proclaiming being the best in 90 days, and basically cheating to do it.

Sparkling Shibe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-05-2010

Quote:
...do you not see the flaw in this statement, not to mention the flaw in your post? All of the top players already have all of the content they need. Even with everything accessible, I seriously doubt more than a handful of people could break into the top 100 from where they are now (assuming you aren't top 200 already). That said, getting a 5 mile headstart would only give you an advantage in a race, not in a measure of how fast you run. 90 Days to become the best in a game as popular in LoL is a huge undertaking. Even if he has the tools of the top 100, he does not have the LoL-specific knowledge and experience that they do.
DotA and HoN is enough experience to play LoL real well, they are all the same genre, thats like saying a pro MoH, Halo, Battlefield, guy wont be good at CoD

Swipe Knife

Recruiter

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalESG View Post
I'm saying he won't make it in his 90 quota without this huge ****ing headstart.

I don't even care about them giving him all the ****, but he's proclaiming being the best in 90 days, and basically cheating to do it.
Like I said earlier, if he beats out the top 100, then he is the best. Fact. Like I said, they have all of the resources that he does. You're focusing on the wrong thing, I think. I don't think anyone would care if Hotshot (or any known player of that caliber) started over and climbed to the top again in 90 days. What makes this noteworthy is that he has NO LoL experience, and while LoL, DotA, and HoN are related, they are not the same game. This would be analogous to a Command and Conquer pro beating the best WC3 players (at WC3) after only 90 days of playing it. Same genre, different game.

crowsntacos

10-05-2010

The difference between his previous experiences and this type of game is going to be interesting to see. I can't wait to see him get to higher ELO where he'll get put on the spot for actual competition against the top brass and such.

The best solution is to just rush him into ranked games and watch as his ELO plummets from more experienced members. Though, considering he will be up in ranked matches soon, he's going to have a good chunk of time to get up to the top.

Añ Hero

10-05-2010

He is currently getting carried by 1796 and will probably have the same thing happen to him in solo/duo queue

Swipe Knife

Recruiter

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibisukei View Post
DotA and HoN is enough experience to play LoL real well, they are all the same genre, thats like saying a pro MoH, Halo, Battlefield, guy wont be good at CoD
"good" and "Ranked #1" are incredibly different things.